Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

When the next Transformers movie hits theaters this summer, it won't just be the next film in the successful franchise, it will also be a movie trying to work toward building its own cinematic universe. The producer behind the franchise has said that Transformers: The Last Knight will include some aspects designed to set up the next film, which will not be a proper sequel, but rather a spinoff movie starring the popular character Bumblebee.

So there's probably, in a really meaningful way, two or three things in this movie that really have a meaningful aspect in terms of it, and then there's a bunch of little things. But we're not making this movie to set up the other movies. That's what I'm trying to say. If you get too carried away with that, you stop thinking about this movie.

It's a nearly foregone conclusion that Transformers: The Last Knight will be a major box office winner in 2017, the last couple films have cleared the billion-dollar mark globally. It will be interesting to see how the, by comparison, smaller Bumblebee movie does.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1606970/how-transformers-the-last-knight-will-set-up-the-bumblebee-spinoff

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

"But we're not making this movie to set up the other movies. That's what I'm trying to say. If you get too carried away with that, you stop thinking about this movie."

LMFAO at that Marvel shade.

1- A person has to have a bias that setting up other films is inherently bad, period.

2- A person has to believe one is "carried away" and sacrificing all else for the sake of the next "set up".

Lucas drafted out 9 films at one point for Star Wars, in some manner, and those notes are finally being wholly realized. 

Tolkien kept expanding Middle Earth; LOTR, Hobbit and Silmarillion and no one calls that a problem. 

Highlander and Terminator are examples of what happens when one doesn't wholly plan on where one goes with it's characters and narrative. 

The mocking that some tunnel visioned posters(industry persons) like to toss at Marvel Studios for having a plan is so myopic it's laughable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

1- A person has to have a bias that setting up other films is inherently bad, period.

2- A person has to believe one is "carried away" and sacrificing all else for the sake of the next "set up".

Lucas drafted out 9 films at one point for Star Wars, in some manner, and those notes are finally being wholly realized. 

Tolkien kept expanding Middle Earth; LOTR, Hobbit and Silmarillion and no one calls that a problem. 

Highlander and Terminator are examples of what happens when one doesn't wholly plan on where one goes with it's characters and narrative. 

The mocking that some tunnel visioned posters(industry persons) like to toss at Marvel Studios for having a plan is so myopic it's laughable. 

TASM is another one that failed in setting things up.

• Like 2

What’s the franchise missing? Perhaps another franchise. Caruso stated Transformers and G.I. Joe will eventually connect, and possibly when Michael Bay is no longer making Transformers movies:

They’re not ready to do [G.I. Joe meets Transformers] yet. That’s exactly what they should do, but they’re not ready to do that because, in fact, the script that I was developing, the two worlds sort of collided at the end, and when they read it they were like, ‘We’re not ready to do this yet.’ They will eventually collide those two worlds, and it’s probably when Mr. Bay decides he’s done with Transformers.

http://www.slashfilm.com/g-i-joe-3-was-almost-going-to-be-a-transformers-crossover/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm really curious to see the reason why Optimus has turned against humans. Considering that he went to Cybertron in the ending of the last movie, I'm wondering if he was  reprogrammed by his creators?

Unicron. I've watched the old animated movie enough times to know it was him

• Like 1