Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

It is better than the second but it suffers from shitty villain, weak narrative, bad character development and a dumb climax. It is funny though.

See I even though the first movie was just ok. I'll probably watch it eventually, but I have much higher priority movies to watch.

Iron Man 3 was fun opening weekend as the numbers went over the place.

I remember I was in a Drunken Stupor on My Birthday after watching the film saying "Im3 SATURDAY lookss MASIVIZE"

Indeed it was.

Not really down about its legs.

Was nothing special so the grand total of 409 was very good for it and to sell more tickets then IM1.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Azkaban also faced backlash from a lot of Potterheads when it was first released. 

Don't forget Azkaban faced the massive opening of Chronicles of Riddick in it's second weekend.   :OMG:

• Like 2

Major Announcement:

Baumer LOVED Catching Fire. He gave it a 9/10.

Another converter. 

Yep, I'm shocked.

Edited by baumer

THG is better then all HP films apart from POA and DH2 for me.

THG is a 7.5/10 but because the lead up was great and the start of the games was epic.

Then the ending was a typical Young Adult film and I was like sigh on watching CF.

Like Revenge of the Fallen?

I can always count on you to stir the pot haha. I liked ROTF despite its flaws, I was too into the movie to care. It's not a popular opinion, but I'm obviously not alone with how much money it makes. It's great escapism fun. It's not high quality, but it's extremely entertaining especially with Baysplosions everywhere :P
  • Like 1

In regards to the midnight IMAX figure..... Catching Fire probably averaged 1 more IMAX showing per theater than most movies. For midnight launches we usually only see 1 IMAX showing and sometimes a  2nd at 2-3 a.m. This film easily had the 5p.m. and the 11:30p.m. and in some cases probably a later 2a.m. showing. Plus the double feature revenue was probably added to Catching Fires gross alone and not spit between it and THG.