Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

Iron Man 3 was great. I don't give a damn what anybody says. Now I've had just about enough of you guys bashing my 4th favorite movie of the year.

I said most on this board felt it was meh, how is that bashing IM3? It's a true statement.
  • Like 1

Pop culture phenomenon doesn't necessarily attract more audience from film to film. HP is the prime example

Harry Potter, in my opinion, was hurt because COS was a mediocre movie plus the worst book and Azkaban wasn't marketed well in a very crowded summer. If they had capitalized more on the first one's momentum, I think that more than three of them would have done 300+. 

• Like 1

Chill out

Mattrek

The spelling of your name was by mistake.

I seriousily thought it was actually Matterk.

Classic example of being far to emotional right there lol.

I was just being a jerk of course the box office is fun and its fun to see a big opener.

It was blast seeing Skyfall beating TDKR last year. 

• Like 1

Harry Potter, in my opinion, was hurt because COS was a mediocre movie plus the worst book and Azkaban wasn't marketed well in a very crowded summer. If they had capitalized more on the first one's momentum, I think that more than three of them would have done 300+.

Azkaban not well marketed well? How?

I said most on this board felt it was meh, how is that bashing IM3? It's a true statement.

Don't take it personal. This post was meant for ALL of the haters. They're just jealous of Iron Man's success.

• Like 1

Are we still pretending IM3 is a good movie?? I mean it has its moments but after a second viewing it really is a mess and drags in a lot of places.

• Like 3

Except for Nolan films.

*cue Nolanites to add fuel to the fire.*

:lol: Except I'll argue with them that TDK has structural problems.

Avengers? Don't care.

Iron Man? Don't care.

Thor? Don't care.

Transformers? Don't care.

Harry Potter? Don't care.

THG? Don't care.

But goddammit, FURY ROAD is gonna be the shit.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

Iron Man 3 was great. I don't give a damn what anybody says. Now I've had just about enough of you guys bashing my 4th favorite movie of the year.

Cool, it's pretty much my 4th favorite movie of the year too. I thought IM3 was far more emotional and gripping than something like Thor The Dark World, far more original than STID, and far more entertaining than MOS.

But of course everyone has their own opinions and favorites.

Don't worry folks. This will pick up during the day. Friday plus midnights will hit 100M or something and then it's going to break the OW record. Then it will have a 3X multiplier for some reason. Everything will be fine. Puerto Rico FTW!!!!

Don't take it personal. This post was meant for ALL of the haters. They're just jealous of Iron Man's success.

I thought that was aimed at me my mistake. I think the suit was cool, but for some reason I really don't like RDJ's style. It really put me off the series.

Oh, come on! There is an entire thread here devoted to CF over $200M ravings. It's way too early to start the revisionism.

That whole thread is basically people saying why it won't happen. Look at the actual predicts by most people in that thread and you will see that the average predict is 160-170M. This is like someone saying that Thor2 should have done at least 120 since there is a thread for a 120M OW.

Azkaban not well marketed well? How?

Well I was only 11 years old then so I didn't follow box office but I remember comments along this line explaining why it fell that much from reading BOM archives a while back. But if I'm wrong, my b.