Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

It won't drop as hard in the second weekend because of Thanksgiving, though. It isn't Twilight. Plus, it has great WOM no matter how many times you try to shout and deny it, EVEN AMONG NON BOOK fans. It'll drop massive on December 7th but it'll do well for itself over the five day

Yeh, but may it teach marvel something. Who I am kidding? It will teach them nothing as this thing will do 600+ww.

Yeah Good Luck with that. But I'm one that enjoyed Thor 2 a lot. Saw it twice. Could it have been better? Most definitely. But I enjoyed it for what is was.

• Like 1

Sure there is. The Avengers effect isn't in play anymore, though. After opening weekend, a movie has to live or die by two things: 1) its own word of mouth and 2) competition.

With the holiday boost coming and Thor still being the only male-centric blockbuster in the market until Hobbit, I think it'll recover fine. Keep in mind that part of the reason for its big drop on Friday is that it lost IMAX screens/revenue to CF. I'm expecting a big bounce back today.

Just like its past Saturdays.

• Like 2

Sure there is. The Avengers effect isn't in play anymore, though. After opening weekend, a movie has to live or die by two things: 1) its own word of mouth and 2) competition.With the holiday boost coming and Thor still being the only male-centric blockbuster in the market until Hobbit, I think it'll recover fine. Keep in mind that part of the reason for its big drop on Friday is that it lost IMAX screens/revenue to CF. I'm expecting a big bounce back today.

It helped Iron Man the most though and it looks like it is not helping the other characters as much
  • Like 1

I hope it teaches them something. The domestic audience might get tired of these mediocre solo movies.

I hope so, I really do, but they might assume that best part was Darsy&Intern and decide add even more trash characters and plots to please OS as OS seems to love it, it and explosions!  They do not learn, thats the problem - they added more of the things that people disliked in first movie.

I hope so, I really do, but they might assume that best part was Darsy&Intern and decide add even more trash characters and plots to please OS as OS seems to love it, it and explosions!  They do not learn, thats the problem - they added more of the things that people disliked in first movie.

Thor deserves an epic movie. He's a GOD!

No way is fighting in London EPIC. lol

Anyway, hoping for the best for THOR lll.

Well firstly, I'm not convinced people didn't like Darcy in the first movie, fanboys do. Secondly, she's really not in the movie all that much. In fact there's a good 40 minute stretch in the middle when she's nowhere to be found.

That was always completely expected, IMO. Downey, Jr. is the star of Marvel right now.

Yes. I agree. And this may be a controversial question but it makes me ponder if the Avengers would have been as successful without RDJ as Iron Man? Hmmm.

• Like 2