Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

:lol: Hey, I liked DH1 more than I expected. If more of the franchise cut out some meandering material in order to focus more on characters, I would've liked the series more. More Harry/Hermione dance stuff -- that type of thing was desperately needed.

The Potter series succeeded massively with the characters, IMO. The Harry/Hermione dance was brilliant, and HBP/DH1/DH2 are filled with moments like that. Especially HBP. 

I dunno...I think it's the strangest thing to hear someone say the Potter films needed to focus more on characters. That's what they would always focus on the most. 

ELIZABETH BANKS NAILED IT IN THIS ONE!

She was utterly hilarious and had a few tear jerker moments in there. Her outfits (though you really can't give banks credit for that) were waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the purple get-up she wore in the first one. I loved that they kept her part in saying they were a 'team' :(

She was rocking those wacky outfits. They were way out but she wore them well. LOL Those crazy hats.  I loved it.

I mean, I could do a listing of grades for the acting, and for the most part they'd all be A's:

JLaw= A++++++++++++

Malone= A+++++

Banks= A++++++

Sutherland= A+++

Tucci= A+

Harrelson= A+

Beetee (forgot the actor that plays him)= A

Plummer= A

Claflin= A-

Prim= A-

Mags= B+ (wish she had more to work with)

Peeta= B+

Cinna= B+ (again, didn't have many lines...:( )

Hoffman= B+

Hemsworth= B

I dunno...I think it's the strangest thing to hear someone say the Potter films needed to focus more on characters. That's what they would always focus on the most. 

No, they focused on (largely) retaining as much from the books as they could. So you end up with all these wandering, digressive plots that zip to and fro, but the result is you have a lot of rushed scenes and moments that would've been far, far better had they been given time to breathe.

Do they ever explain why people wear those wacky outfits??

"The Starving Games" tried to with a joke saying "In 2016 we elected the Lady Gaga/Nikki Minaj ticket to office, and they imposed this dress code on everyone". Probably the only time that movie came close to mocking something.

2004 was a epic fun on the boards. 

You had Spider Man 2 have a gigantic opening but surprisingly drop from SM1 

You had HP3 open big but have terrible legs for a film at that time. 

Then you had Shrek 2 epic leggy run..

Then there was Passion of the Christ. Oh man the opening was massive 3rd biggest 5-day at that time and it being so controversial. 

• Like 1

I mean, I could do a listing of grades for the acting, and for the most part they'd all be A's: JLaw= A++++++++++++Malone= A+++++Banks= A++++++Sutherland= A+++Tucci= A+Harrelson= A+Beetee (forgot the actor that plays him)= APlummer= AClaflin= A-Prim= A-Mags= B+ (wish she had more to work with)Peeta= B+Cinna= B+ (again, didn't have many lines...:( )Hoffman= B+Hemsworth= B

Jeffrey Wright

2004 was a epic fun on the boards. You had Spider Man 2 have a gigantic opening but surprisingly drop from SM1 You had HP3 open big but have terrible legs for a film at that time. Then you had Shrek 2 epic leggy run..Then there was Passion of the Christ. Oh man the opening was massive 3rd biggest 5-day at that time and it being so controversial.

Ohhh, how much debating was there over Passion of the Christ? Alot of people were mad over the success I presume? Edited by Tarzan
  • Like 1

BD1 was a pretty fucking bad movie but the last shot of the film was awesome.

Lol. This is what I try to tell people and they don't believe me, since I generally hate twilight and all the movies. Just from a movie perspective, all feelings aside, all that happens in BD1 is Bella gets married, Bella gets pregnant and has a baby. That's it. In terms of just pure film rating and judging a film, it's bad. 2 hours of just that, is bad. It really just draaaaaaaaaaaags.

2004 was a epic fun on the boards. 

You had Spider Man 2 have a gigantic opening but surprisingly drop from SM1 Wednesday opening.

You had HP3 open big but have terrible legs for a film at that time. 

Then you had Shrek 2 epic leggy run..

Then there was Passion of the Christ. Oh man the opening was massive 3rd biggest 5-day at that time and it being so controversial. 

• Like 1