Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

I didn't even know Mojo had forums. Been a regular visitor to Mojo since 2000, only found this forum by googling "Avengers box office prediction". Lurked for a month or so, then finally signed up.

Went down in late 2011 and moved to a few boards before settling here.

It's a shame these types of movies are so afraid of pissing off the fanbases and diverging from the book in anyway. Some of the best adaptations are ones that just say fuck it to large chunks and make up their own shit.

In CF's case, as an almost perfect adaption, it worked pretty damn well.

• Like 5

Effie didn't seem forced at all. In fact, I love what the movie did with her. In the books (I know some of us had debates about this), for me, I never geniunely felt that Effie cared for Katniss or Peeta. She only cared what they brought for her, but never them personally. Whereas in the movie, I felt that. I felt that Effie cared for them as people, and not just trophies.

• Like 1

I was part of the group of the many people who got interested in the box office after Spider Man 1 Legendary opening.

See a film do over 100 million in 3 days back then was just mind boggling number. 

Then it was with the run of LOTR3 that got me on the forums. 

• Like 1

It's a shame these types of movies are so afraid of pissing off the fanbases and diverging from the book in anyway. Some of the best adaptations are ones that just say fuck it to large chunks and make up their own shit.

I think we saw the issues with pandering to the already converted in "Beautiful Creatures", "The Host" and "Mortal Instruments" already.

In CF's case, as an almost perfect adaption, it worked pretty damn well.

It really did. I mean, literally the first 10 minutes were word for word from the book. A lot of lines overall were from the book. I'd say this was faithful 90% of the book. And the changes they made were perfect. The minor characters they took out were the RIGHT decision. The added scenes really elevated the film.

I was part of the group of the many people who got interested in the box office after Spider Man 1 Legendary opening.See a film do over 100 million in 3 days back then was just mind boggling number. Then it was with the run of LOTR3 that got me on the forums.

Were many people predicting over 400 mil for that film?
  • Like 1