Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Where do the actuals come from?

Please don't say the studio.

Telemachos summarized it pretty well a few pages ago. LG can't fudge the numbers too much, because WB has the same data and they have a definite interest in ensuring CF isn't overreported.

Anyone know the biggest drop from estimates to the actuals?

Would a 4-5 million drop be a record?

I don't know if they're the biggest, but Mojo sez Attack of the Clones was off by $6.12m and Scream 2 by $6.3m.* Iron Man 2 was off by $5.5m.

*The Scream 2 story is more complicated than just a high estimate. On Sunday Miramax sent out an estimate of $39.2m, then reported the same number on Monday as the actuals. On Thursday they issued revised actuals and claimed that they accidentally counted 449 extra theaters, which doesn't really make any sense. It's almost certain they deliberately inflated the number so they could claim the biggest nonsummer opening record, which was then held by Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls ($37.8m). According to the book Down and Dirty Pictures, the Weinsteins' bosses at Disney basically forced them to issue the corrected figures.

Edited by Bob Violence
  • Like 2

Anyone know the biggest drop from estimates to the actuals?

Would a 4-5 million drop be a record?

I believe the biggest drop is SCREAM 2 (in which the actuals were actually re-done and it dropped something like $8m.) Two other cases over $6m drop from estimates are ATTACK OF THE CLONES and IRON MAN 2.

• Like 1

Explaining: Rth said CF was doing numbers DH1 and did not and now he's saying that CF did 32-33. It will even?

He's only talking about the frontloaded nature of DH1 and trust me, he has no incentive to down play CF. If it had increased on Sunday, he would have reported that. With frigid temps across the country plus crazy Sunday night football (NFL), Sunday was bound to drop. Don't question his integrity, he has no reason to even post numbers so we should be thankful he does because it takes quite bit of time to extrapolate the data. :)

• Like 2

Why hate Manning? I hate Belicheat.

Well I don't like either team. Belicheat is an asshole and when Brady bitches it shows fire but when Dez does something similar, he needs to grow up. Manning destroyed the Texans for 11 years plus media is always up his ass even though he has had multiple choke jobs. I could care less who won the game but it was funny as hell to watch the end of that game. :ph34r: