Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Dang so growth from THG to CF's OW admissions wise was likely under a million. Unadjusted its about 1.4 million, but BOM doesn't factor in IMAX like it does with gross so I take away a few hundred thousand. I've hypothesized that THG fanbase increased, but the drop of casual viewers was big enough to offset it, hence why the inflated Friday, but the weekend as a whole was stagnant. There was growth within fans for the franchise, but just as predicted, there was not much curiosity factor. Now its OW its nothing to scuff at, thats just my reasoning on why those 170+'s didn't happen, because though a stretch, it is realistic, many just werent given a reason to come back a year later and see more. An advantage for CF though is that it could get some casual back over Thanksgiving break if people are looking for something to see. Many will be busy with fam, black Friday, and football rivalries, but movies is still a good option as well and if people don't have a movie theyre set on, I feel like CF will be the #1 option.

I actually think this bodes well for MJ's; the first movie just set the bar so high because of its curiosity factor and newness, but since THG is gaining new fans, we won't be seeing drastic drop offs again. MJ1 will drop obvs because of its P1 status, but MJ2 looks to be in good shape and that'll add an extra 2 years of new fans and wont have to rely on curiosity as much. I don't need a paragraph reply telling me how wrong i am, this is just my own reasoning and what I felt would happen back before OW. I'm sure not everyone is thinking this.

Edited by Jandrew

• Founder / Operator

TF4, ASM2, The Hobbit 3, and Train Your Dragon 2 all have a chance.

Hobbit is in December '14 now. :)

Could they be going off the actual though? Are you certain they are calculating of the 161m estimate?

Yeah, like Tele mentioned it's very unlikely. Those studio e-mails go out to all the reporting outlets at the same time. Outside of a few seconds delay, we should know by now if the actual was available.

Edited by ShawnMR