Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

First I thought that opening below THG would be weird, but isn't the fact that THG managed to open 150+ even weirder? I still don't get how this thing was so popular last year.

Yeah-that was odd. I didn't think it do that well either.

Exactly :) I'm not butthurt at all. I'm disappointed it didn't or isn't going to get the OW we thought. But the film is amazing and that's all that matters. I'd be so butthurt if this film were terrible, despite it having good numbers. I'd vent out on this page so much, I'd probably be banned lolThis kind of reminds me of THG, though reverse. I'm glad it did so great.......but I'd trade the numbers in for a better made movie...O.O

Some times that is true. 

• Like 1

First I thought that opening below THG would be weird, but isn't the fact that THG managed to open 150+ even weirder? I still don't get how this thing was so popular last year.

THG

Females be like Book was great lets watch it

Guys see 

THG = Tournamnet about Kids Killing Kids

Guys be like ...

damn will be sick action film. 

Was discussing Gravity with a friend. Both of us liked it, but by the end of our discussion we came to the conclusion that God was just trying to kill Bullock's character.

In fact, if the camera stayed on her for some time longer as she walked off, I think we would have probably seen her get run over by a truck, something like this:

Posted Image

If a sequel is made, it will just involve Bullock almost getting killed on earth over and over  :P

• Like 1

THG

Females be like Book was great lets watch it

Guys see 

THG = Tournamnet about Kids Killing Kids

Guys be like ...

damn will be sick action film. 

The smart thing is that the marketing has wisely kept the romance angle almost completely hidden and made it come across as a kick-ass action movie. Which is probably why more guys will show up to watch THG than Twilight.

Frozen is playing at 1 theater this week, right? I hope we'll see good numbers. I have many friends and coworkers who plan to see it next week with their families, it could be big, or at least big where I live.

• Like 3

Again, MJ1 will need some serious liberties taken from the book if they're gonna make a big success out of it. Even if CF had done 500m I still would have been concerned about MJ1.

Considering that's where the trilogy completely falls apart, yes.

Frozen is playing at 1 theater this week, right? I hope we'll see good numbers. I have many friends and coworkers who plan to see it next week with their families, it could be big, or at least big where I live.

I'm planning on trying to make it to a Frozen show this weekend if possible. El Capitan is a really enjoyable theater to watch movies in, there are musical shows and stage shows before every movie. It is owned by Disney so only Disney movies play there.

• Like 2

How's your theater?

I had an early shift tonight but it did around 3000 by 5 pm which is more than what Thor 2 did in its entire day. IM3 did around 6000 each day in its OW. I'm trying to text my friend whos working right now how busy it is. He's not responding so that might mean it's pretty hectic. IDK