iceroll

Box Office Forums Official "36 WORST Films of All Time" Deadline TONIGHT!

This is really hard for me, because I love bad movies and I don’t know how to rank them. Should I rank higher the ones “so bad they are fun”? Or should I rank higher the ones that couldn’t even amuse me? I’ll try to ignore the fact that I ended up liking the movie.

1. Birdemic: Shock and Terror (2008)

2. Cinderela Baiana (1998)

3. Ben & Arthur (2002)

4. Pocket Ninjas (1997)

5. College (2008)

6. Jack & Jill (2011)

7. Eragon (2006)

8. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

9. The Acid Eaters (1968)

10. BattleField Earth (2000) 

11. Grown Ups (2010)

12. Vampires Suck (2010)

13. The Smurfs (2011)

14. Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)

15. From Justin to Kelly (2003)

16. Troll 2 (1990)

17. Alone in The Dark (2005)

18. Zombie Nation (2005)

19. Are We There Yet? (2005)

20. I Know Who Killed Me (2007)

21. Spice World (1997)

22. Crossroads (2002)

23. Mortal Kombat (1995)

24. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry (2007)

25. Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter (2001)

26. Priest (2011)

27. The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009)

28. Facing the Giants (2006)

29. Gymkata (1985)

30. Hot Dog... The Movie (1984)

31. Burlesque (2010)

32. Planet of the Apes (2001)

33. Cowboys and Aliens (2011)

34. Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008)

35. Congo (1995)

36. Puss in Boots (2011)

All of your lists are horrible

Yeah, I see people putting in classics just to be cool, or against the norm, kind of unsettling.  The only classic I think is worthy of being in a worst list is Birth of a Nation simply because of the major negative effects it caused on society and how it helped to fuel racism and delay the Civil Rights movements.

Putting a movie like Citizen Kane, No Country For Old Men, Lord of the Rings, 2001: A Space Odyssey, etc. on one of these lists is just sad.  Even if you don't like them they aren't worthy of being in any worst list, ever.

Edited by The Panda

1 Aliens in the Attic2 You Don't Mess with the Zohan3 The Unborn4 Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers5 Disaster Movie6 Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel7 Arthur8 Skyline9 A Cinderella Story10 The Covenant11 The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising12 Meet the Spartans13 God Bless America14 Holy Motors15 The Box16 Raise Your Voice17 Sorority Row18 Ultraviolet19 Gnomeo & Juliet20 Hop21 The Stepfather22 2001: A Space Odyssey23 Fly Me to the Moon24 D-War25 Visioneers26 Chernobyl Diaries27 Taken 228 The Tree of Life29 Beastly30 Resident Evil: Afterlife31 Valentine's Day32 Abduction33 Space Chimps34 Scary Movie 235 Escape Plan36 Batman & RobinMidnight in ParisThe Final DestinationThe Darkest HourI Love You, Beth CooperPlanet 51A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010Babylon A.D.Happily N'Ever After

Edited by Goffe

Yeah, I see people putting in classics just to be cool, or against the norm, kind of unsettling.  The only classic I think is worthy of being in a worst list is Birth of a Nation simply because of the major negative effects it caused on society and how it helped to fuel racism and delay the Civil Rights movements.

Putting a movie like Citizen Kane, No Country For Old Men, Lord of the Rings, 2001: A Space Odyssey, etc. on one of these lists is just sad.  Even if you don't like them they aren't worthy of being in any worst list, ever.

Surely that's the only reason why they should be on a worst list. It is, afterall, a personal worst list.

I'd argue that it's worse to not include a film you absolutely loathe just because lots of other people like it and/or it's regarded as a "classic".

If it's against the norm, so be it, but that is not the motivation behind hating a movie. I assure you.

• Like 3

Surely that's the only reason why they should be on a worst list. It is, afterall, a personal worst list.

I'd argue that it's worse to not include a film you absolutely loathe just because lots of other people like it and/or it's regarded as a "classic".

If it's against the norm, so be it, but that is not the motivation behind hating a movie. I assure you.

I understand not liking them, but it's a worst list not a least favorite or popular movies you loathe.  I don't see how you can consider a movie like Citizen Kane to be one of the worst ever made and be completely serious as well as not just doing it to look cool.  Sure, it may bore you and you may personally dislike it, but that doesn't change the fact that it is well-made.

I understand not liking them, but it's a worst list not a least favorite or popular movies you loathe.  I don't see how you can consider a movie like Citizen Kane to be one of the worst ever made and be completely serious as well as not just doing it to look cool.  Sure, it may bore you and you may personally dislike it, but that doesn't change the fact that it is well-made.

Well when "classic" movies get all this praise from everybody telling you it's amazing and great, when you actually watch it with high expectations it can disappoint more.  I think these old "classics" are held to a higher standard just because they came first, but compared to how movies of today have adapted and improved form the classics there really isn't much the "classics" can offer from a pure entertainment perspective.

Just my  :2c:

• Like 1

Well when "classic" movies get all this praise from everybody telling you it's amazing and great, when you actually watch it with high expectations it can disappoint more.  I think these old "classics" are held to a higher standard just because they came first, but compared to how movies of today have adapted and improved form the classics there really isn't much the "classics" can offer from a pure entertainment perspective.

Just my  :2c:

I can see that, it still doesn't make them worth putting on worst lists.  I don't know, something just ticks in me that makes me kind of mad when I see people put movies like Citizen Kane, or 2001: A Space Odyssey next to movies like Jack and Jill, Disaster Movie, etc.

To me, there is no difference between a least favourite movies list and a worst movies ever made list. I can only choose from the movies I have seen, therefore the worst movies ever made (in my opinion) are also the least favourite movies I have seen.

No, I do not think it was well-made, hence putting Citizen Kane on to my list. Some films are made to entertain, some are made to educate, some are made to challenge you as a viewer, but I do not believe any movie is made to bore the living hell out of me, but Citizen Kane did that, so to me it is a terrible movie. Even a movie that I hate, like Stephen King's I.T., can evoke fear, which is what it was designed to do (as it's a horror production), so even though I hate the movie (because it scares me shitless) I would never [again] put it on a worst movies ever list. But the 36 movies I listed above have no redeemable qualities whatsoever. They equate to the worst in film-making that I have ever witnessed. If you're not ok with that, then make your own list.

There is no point in doing the thread if you believe there is a select pool of titles that we should choose from because that does not open up the thread to the myriad of film tastes and cultures out there that enjoy film. I haven't seen the universally hated Pluto Nash, but if I did and it kept me entertained for more than a few minutes, then I would have no problem in labelling it a better film than Citizen Kane. Maybe you're guided by legacy and/or IMDB, but I am not. Just accept it, buddy, we all have different tastes. I personally disagree with Goffe  that Escape Plan is on his list (I think it's thebest film of the year), but that's his taste, not mine, and it doesn't insult me in any way.

Edited by Algren™
  • Like 3

Thanks for reminding me of this,. it means Date Movie might not actually come First!

I think Date Movie is the best of the recent spoof movies, I would rank like this1. Superhero Movie (not worthy of all time list)2. Epic Movie (not worthy of all time list)3. Date Movie (not worthy of all time list)4. Meet the Spartans (worthy)5. Vampires Suck (worthy)6. Disaster Movie (worthy)There are still pretty bad. I didn't watch SM5, Dance Flick and A Haunted House.

1 D War
2 Date Movie
3 The Last Godfather
4 National Lampoon's Men in Brown
5 Twilight New Moon
6 Passion of the Christ
7 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
8 Driller Killer
9 Oceans 12
10 Alice in Wonderland
11 Van Wilder: The Rise of Taj
12 The 18 year old Virgin
13 Decisions
14 Sex and the City Movie
15 Drive Through Massacre
16 Diary of a Wimpy Kid
17 The Lion King 2
18 Dude Where's My Car
19 Scary Movie 2
20 National Lampoon Dorm Daze
21 Harold and Kumar go to White Castle
22 King Kong (Jackson)
23 In her Shoes
24 Mr Bean's Holiday
25 The Birds
26 Cannibal Holocaust
27 The Tourist
28 Lock Stock
29 The Heartbreak Kid
30 BAD Teacher 
31 Xmen 3
32 Dark Water (Japan)
33 Nutty Professor 2
34 Spiceworld
35 Road Trip
36 Nightmare on Elm Street Remake
Edited by chasmmi

I think Date Movie is the best of the recent spoof movies, I would rank like this1. Superhero Movie (not worthy of all time list)2. Epic Movie (not worthy of all time list)3. Date Movie (not worthy of all time list)4. Meet the Spartans (worthy)5. Vampires Suck (worthy)6. Disaster Movie (worthy)There are still pretty bad. I didn't watch SM5, Dance Flick and A Haunted House.

The thing that has made this list hard for me to make is the fact that I do not knowingly watch films I expect to be awful. After hating Scary Movie 2 and being appalled at Date Movie I refused to watch another second of anything those people made again and as such, even though you may well be correct that there are 3 parodies out there worse that Date, I will never ever know for sure.

The thing that has made this list hard for me to make is the fact that I do not knowingly watch films I expect to be awful. After hating Scary Movie 2 and being appalled at Date Movie I refused to watch another second of anything those people made again and as such, even though you may well be correct that there are 3 parodies out there worse that Date, I will never ever know for sure.

you lucky bastard