CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2013 (Winners in 1st post - I'm bored...)

I'm really not rooting for one movie to take everything this year, or even a specific category. There's too much greatness out there that I'd be happy with a lot of the potential contenders winning. 

cant agree more

Btw Jack gret news for us, Filth fans

McAvoy won Brits Independent award !!! :wave: 

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/starred_up/news/1928906/british_independent_film_awards_2013_winners/

Filth is actually one of my favorite movies this year. Yes, it's not Trainspotting and yes, the plot twist that comes in the third act was really poorly handled. I was still really impressed by not only James McAvoy's phenomenal performance, but by the movie's bold mixing of genuinely grim and upsetting material with screwy dark comedy. It gets increasingly dark as it goes along, and by the end all the little light there was in the beginning has been sucked out. The final scene packs a surprising punch. 

Above all its a character piece, and James McAvoy fucking owns it. It's a fearsome, career making performance. I can't praise him enough. He is the movie.

• Like 2

Filth is actually one of my favorite movies this year. Yes, it's not Trainspotting and yes, the plot twist that comes in the third act was really poorly handled. I was still really impressed by not only James McAvoy's phenomenal performance, but by the movie's bold mixing of genuinely grim and upsetting material with screwy dark comedy. It gets increasingly dark as it goes along, and by the end all the little light there was in the beginning has been sucked out. The final scene packs a surprising punch. 

Above all its a character piece, and James McAvoy fucking owns it. It's a fearsome, career making performance. I can't praise him enough. He is the movie.

100%

esp Ioved the ending :D

DC:

THE 2013 WAFCA AWARD WINNERS:

Best Film:
12 Years a Slave

Best Director:
Alfonso Cuarón (Gravity)

Best Actor:
Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years a Slave)

Best Actress:
Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)

Best Supporting Actor:
Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club)

Best Supporting Actress:
Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years a Slave)

Best Acting Ensemble:
12 Years a Slave

Best Youth Performance:
Tye Sheridan (Mud)

Best Adapted Screenplay:
John Ridley (12 Years a Slave)

Best Original Screenplay:
Spike Jonze (Her)

Best Animated Feature:
Frozen

Best Documentary:
Blackfish

Best Foreign Language Film:
The Broken Circle Breakdown

Best Art Direction:
Production Designer: Catherine Martin, Set Decorator: Beverley Dunn (The Great Gatsby)

Best Cinematography:
Emmanuel Lubezki, ASC, A.M.C. (Gravity)

Best Editing:
Alfonso Cuarón, Mark Sanger (Gravity)

Best Original Score:
Hans Zimmer (12 Years a Slave)

The Joe Barber Award for Best Portrayal of Washington, DC:
Lee Daniels' The Butler
  • Like 2

:angry: That's terrible man. That's terrible. Your mother brought you up wrong, that's what it is! Cuaron is a filmmaking genius!

:lol:  :lol: well my mother def doesnt know who he is

hoepfully there will be some less boring & ecpected choices

like Jonze! or Marty even

Edited by Leyla