iceroll

Wednesday Numbers: Catching Fire 20.7m, Frozen 15.2m, Thor 2.3m (yay) Smashing like a Wrecking Ball!

Pretty much.

Yeah, and as a person with a lot of musical background (orchestra, choral, and musical theatre) a lot of the songs had me screaming in my head about how wrong it was, some of those actors needed more musical training. My favorite performance from it was actually Samantha Barks, she may have not have had Anne Hathaway's emotion (she nailed her part though), but I was never taken back out of the immersion from her because she actually sang her part correctly.

Yeah, and as a person with a lot of musical background (orchestra, choral, and musical theatre) a lot of the songs had me screaming in my head about how wrong it was, some of those actors needed more musical training.My favorite performance from it was actually Samantha Barks, she may have not have had Anne Hathaway's emotion (she nailed her part though), but I was never taken back out of the immersion from her because she actually sang her part correctly.

The Good Stuff

+ Redmayne (Yes), Hathaway (Yes yes), Jackman (Yes yes yes)

+ The emotion

+ The production values

+ Some genuinely good scenes

+ The music is great even though..

The Bad Stuff

- .. most of the singing is awful

- Russel Crowe

- The Teurnadeurs

- It feels uneven and a bit rushed

The Good Stuff+ Redmayne (Yes), Hathaway (Yes yes), Jackman (Yes yes yes)+ The emotion+ The production values+ Some genuinely good scenes+ The music is great even though..The Bad Stuff- .. most of the singing is awful- Russel Crowe- The Teurnadeurs- It feels uneven and a bit rushed

I agree with this completely as long as Barks is on the good list, although I felt Valjean was a little high in Jackman's range to be able to belt, so he played a great old Valjean but wasn't as believable when he was younger.Also, everyone in the Red number were good singers, and I liked the two child actors actually. Edited by The Panda

I agree with this completely as long as Barks is on the good list, although I felt Valjean was a little high in Jackman's range to be able to belt, so he played a great old Valjean but wasn't as believable when he was younger.

Barks was good but she wasn't enough in the movie.

Barks was good but she wasn't enough in the movie.

True, they took her out of a lot, even though she had about as much screen time as Hathaway, and A Little Drop of Rain was one of the best scenes. (to bad they had to shorten that scene dramatically, I didn't need the funeral just the full song)