lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

I think the worst movie I saw this year honestly was IM3. But in its defense, it's handicapped by me seeing very few films this year.

Yeah so this is basically all that I've seen this year. :blush::ph34r:

I was very out of the loop in Europe with films and BO, I just went through BOM's weekends for 2013 to make this list to remember what I've seen. Just now saw that Wolverine was a big time Bomberine  huh? :lol:

[*]Catching Fire (9.0)

[*]Gravity (9.0)

[*]The Great Gatsby (7.5)

[*]The Heat (7.0)

[*]OZ: The Great and Powerful (7.0)

[*]Pain and Gain (6.5)

[*]Identity Thief (6.5)

[*]World War Z (6.0)

[*]Fast & Furious 6 (6.0)

[*]Side Effects (6.0)

[*]This is the End (5.0)

[*]Iron Man 3 (4.0)

• Like 2

Does that Cameron Diaz scene make any sort of sense in the context of the movie? Just wondering

Not really. Just like many other things that happen.

Edited by CJohn

Honestly, I never saw the trailer for The Counselor. All I knew was that Brad Pitt was going to be in it. I've seen a picture of him during filming. So basically, until a couple of weeks ago I didn't have the faintest idea what The Counselor was, but then... THEN I HAD A DREAM in which Brad Pitt appeared (obviously) and for some reason, Ellen Page.

It was pretty much the scene from Inception when Cobb leads Ariadne into the dream and she bends the world - when they were walking down the street, talking with Cobb saying it was impressive. Anyway, that scene played in the exact same way, apart from one little detail. In the background, I saw the exact clones of Pitt and Page and that was some kind of plot twist. (Pitt replaced Cobb, since I didn't explain that)

YES. EXACTLY.  A MOVIE WITHIN A DREAM. Beat that, Nolan.

Anyway, the next day I looked it up and was disappointed.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

Tangled is an amazing film. Frozen is for 5 year old girls.

Thanks for the sexism, dude.

It´s always nice for ManlyMasculineMen to reaffirm their masculinity and virility by implying that women are incapable of enjoying quality product. And since Frozen is for 5-year-old girls, it most certainly has to be a crappy movie.

• Like 1

Thanks for the sexism, dude.

It´s always nice for ManlyMasculineMen to reaffirm their masculinity and virility by implying that women are incapable of enjoying quality product. And since Frozen is for 5-year-old girls, it most certainly has to be a crappy movie.

Tangled is an amazing film. Frozen is for 5 year old girls.

Well, fuck it. I'm a proud independent woman who's gonna watch Frozen when it comes out.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 4

The Counselor tried so hard to be slick and cool. As pointed out earlier, it was dtv with big names. The plot made no sense. It was like watching a bad football game where you have no interest in either team. The sort of twist or swerve was completely arbitrary.

I wonder if the writer (his name escapes me) who I know is the author of the book "No Country for Old Men" and "The Road" looked over a few scripts before writing this one or just went right in and wrote it like a book.

That might've ruined it - The fact that it was written like a book, instead of like a movie.

As of 5:00p.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 4 Sellouts in Houston, TX

Frozen - 32 Sellouts in Houston, TX

As of 5:25p.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 0 Sellouts in Houston, TX

Frozen - 17 Sellouts in Houston, TX

Still strong, Frozen has a lo more show times today.

Edited by B J

As of 5:25p.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 0 Sellouts in Houston, TX

Frozen - 17 Sellouts in Houston, TX

Still strong, Frozen has a lo more show times today.

I still don't understand how, even yesterday, Frozen was leading nearly every theater you posted, had 3D and yet still managed to open lower than Catching Fire. Something's fishy here.

Jack what's your worst movie of the year? Last Vegas?I wonder how many people here sat through RIPD or Grown Ups 2

I, unfortunately was one of them. The worst part was I saw it with my mom. I loved the first movie I hated the second. You guys were right, that was terrible. There were a few truly funny moments, but all that toilet humor was totally unnecessary. I give it a C+ on par with AIW.