CoolioD1

SAG Thread (nominations in first post)

If we're talking early performances, I'd be more likely to think of Amy Siemetz, Rooney Mara, and say it with me now, James Franco.

For what films?  Franco for Spring Break, Mara for Side Effects and Siemetz for....?

well i finally got my hands on before midnight , should watch it tonight if not at some point during the week but its not like its a major movie ,this one is up for screenplay mostly?

Yeah, but it's likely better than what most of the Picture nominees are gonna be. Have you seen the other two?

• Like 2

Julia Roberts and Forest Whitaker are weird options when you have great performances from Redford, Phoenix or Di Caprio and from Martindale or Spencer...

Sad, really sad.

Surprised with the snub for Hanks in Supp. but nothing wrong if he manages to finally stay in for one of his perfs.

I would love to see Streep out of the field this year for such a divisive film, but it's pretty clear it won't happen

Harvey got them in. Margo Martindale is supposedly better than Roberts in the movie ( I haven't seen it) but Harvey was campaigning for Julia.

Way too much loyalty and croneyism in SAG IMO. Julia Roberts/Meryl Streep noms prove that plus there's this blurb from Deadline about the TV nominations:

Even more than the Emmys, the SAG Awards continue to nominate the same performers year after year. Alec Baldwin is on his eighth consecutive nomination for 30 Rock, his co-star, series creator Tina Fey, on her seventh, as is the series’ ensemble. (Baldwin has won all seven times so far; Fey, four; the show’s entire cast, one). Like Baldwin, actresses Edie Falco, Jessica Lange and Maggie Smith have been nominated every year their shows have been eligible, with Falco getting a fifth consecutive nomination for Nurse Jackie and Lange and Smith landing third consecutive noms for American Horror Story and Downton Abbey, respectively. (Lange and Smith have won once, though Smith’s win was in the drama ensemble category last year.) Ditto for HBO’s Boardwalk Empire and star Steve Buscemi, on their fourth consecutive noms for best drama ensemble and actor (with two wins in each category).

Redford has never won best actor....WTF.

He never played the Hollywood game. Same as Bill Murray and so many other actors. I think there is a chance that there is a backlash against leaving him out and he gets nominated for an Oscar but don't bet on it.