#ED

Weekend Estimates: Frozen - 31.6M; CF - 27M

Like I said ASM2 could be a mess but it could be fun.  And I like ASM1 but I've never watched it more than once.

The only real criticism I have of ASM1 is that it was supposedly shot in 3D and I didn't see anything particularly special about it.

Looking really good for both, but especially for CF with its back-loaded daily pattern, I think 30m+ is likely for CF, and 7m pretty much guarantees 30m+ for Frozen.

No it doesn't.  I'm thinking $28.5ish

Edited by lilmac

Hard to say.  But it's pacing ahead of the first film, due to the strong holidays.  This weekend is known for huge drops coming off the holidays though, so it's not specifically a sign of the film itself.  And since this film will play for weeks to come, it'll have late legs simply due to the holidays.  Topping Iron Man 3 is certainly still a reasonable possibility.  We'll have to see if The Hobbit does anything to it, but it's drops going forward should be better, this weekend was always going to be the worst drop.

I mean, the first Hunger Games dropped 62% in its second weekend, and still got to $408M.  This film is ahead of that right now.

• Like 1

No, this movies and the first ones CGI are in a league for themself. And I must say the people behind the trailers for these movies don't know how to entice interrest in GA.

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/2664-the-amazing-spider-man-2-may-2014-first-trailer-on-page-369/page-402

Look at my post and come back and tell me theres no GA interest.

Edited by Jandrew

Your friends and my friends. There is big different. So we could say mixed, but I am leaning more towards no interest.

• Like 2

Your friends and my friends. There is big different. So we could say mixed, but I am leaning more towards no interest.

Well im in America and youre in Denmark, so to me thats the big difference. If your friends are normal GA just like mine then I don't see why all mine would love it and all yours would hate it. Lean towards no interest if you want, but peoples interest, especially in America, has been aroused, and the trailer did its job.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

Well im in America and youre in Denmark, so to me thats the big difference. If your friends are normal GA just like mine then I don't see why all mine would love it and all yours would hate it. Lean towards no interest if you want, but peoples interest, especially in America, has been aroused, and the trailer did its job.

How the fuck could they not be normal? 

• Like 1

How the fuck could they not be normal? 

I meant if your friends don't watch trailers on Youtube and don't research movies. Most of the people I texted the trailer too didnt even know it was coming out. But like I said, two different countries. I cant speak for Denmark, but in America the reception is very good.

I meant if your friends don't watch trailers on Youtube and don't research movies. Most of the people I texted the trailer too didnt even know it was coming out. But like I said, two different countries. I cant speak for Denmark, but in America the reception is very good.

Well I didn't have to show them the trailers if they weren't GA. They didn't know much about this upcoming sequel, they didn't even know it existed.