#ED

Weekend Estimates: Frozen - 31.6M; CF - 27M

I've seen both of those several times.

Not sure why I had never seen Collateral.  Good movie but got too far fetched after that club scene. No way would they have been able to go on their merry way without helicopters and LAPD cars 20 deep chasing them with breaking news. On top of that, they crashed on a downtown street with no other cars on it. And then only 1 cop showed up. He would have been surrounded like sharks circling blood in the water. The acting was great all around though. Film was very stylish and with the exception of the empty streets I thought Mann captured L.A. wonderfully even hitting up the ethnic hot spots in Lemeirt Park and Korea Town. I used to associate that Paul Oakenfold song with the mini cooper chase in Bourne Identity but now it's use in that club scene is etched in my head. Mark Ruffalo and Javier Barden did well in a small role. For some reason Tom Cruise was giving Richard Gere vibes with that white hair. I liked him he did a great job. Jamie Fox was good too although he was somewhat annoying at first.

I'll admit, the final 20 minutes goes a bit off the deep end. Tom Cruise goes into straight T-101 mode, and you could layer Terminator music over the entire climax and you would think James Cameron directed the damn thing. However, I find the preceding portion of the film to be incredibly compelling. Something about 'villains' speaking truths are fascinating to me, you kind of understand his psyche even if you don't want to fully believe in it. Vincent was one of those villains who spoke truth and it makes his words sting a bit. Everything he said, made him that much more convincing as a villain. And because of that, I love the character of Vincent and Cruise's portrayal. The 'Yo homie, is that that my briefcase?' is the coolest Tom Cruise has ever been, and he's spent 30 years in Hollywood as one of those defining 'cool' in cinema.

Also, a blink and you miss it cameo from Jason Statham at the very beginning

I'll admit, the final 20 minutes goes a bit off the deep end. Tom Cruise goes into straight T-101 mode, and you could layer Terminator music over the entire climax and you would think James Cameron directed the damn thing. However, I find the preceding portion of the film to be incredibly compelling. Something about 'villains' speaking truths are fascinating to me, you kind of understand his psyche even if you don't want to fully believe in it. Vincent was one of those villains who spoke truth and it makes his words sting a bit. Everything he said, made him that much more convincing as a villain. And because of that, I love the character of Vincent and Cruise's portrayal. The 'Yo homie, is that that my briefcase?' is the coolest Tom Cruise has ever been, and he's spent 30 years in Hollywood as one of those defining 'cool' in cinema.

Also, a blink and you miss it cameo from Jason Statham at the very beginning

LOL That's exactly what I was thinking about TC. I said he's turned into the terminator. Yeah I recognized Stratham. I thought Jamie Fox's character had the best arc though. Vincent spoke the best truth of all to Max when he told him about his limousine lies. 

• Like 1

Since we're doing Santa hats, I dont know whos doing it, but if you dont mind, can you do mine as well? 

It's kinda hard to put Santa hats on your avatar, cause everyone in the pic is so small, but let me try. 

• Like 1