#ED

Weekend Estimates: Frozen - 31.6M; CF - 27M

• Founder / Operator

so Frozen is dropping bigger than Tangled ? 

Not sure what you mean there. It's drop from the first Friday was only 0.9% more than Tangled's. It's following almost an identical path as Tangled so far, which is good news toward its run at topping Monsters University ($268m).

As much as I loved reading the Potter books, a part of me still wishes I hadn't read them all in between POA and GOF (and HBP and DH before their respective films). I really loved going into Catching Fire not knowing a single thing about what was coming.

Knowing the books by heart make me very critical of the movies. I think CoS is one of the dullest and mediocre blockbusters around aside from the serpent sequence. GoF...man, that films annoys me more. They completely butchered the characters and the emotional journey Harry went through. Gah, DID YA PUT YA NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYA Dumbledore was horrendous. 

"It's all going to change now, isn't it?" No fucking shit, Hermione.

Crouch as the villain...oh god, how they completely altered the character for the worse. I hate it.

• Founder / Operator

Yup, CF has an hour of real IMAX footage. Awesome to see on the IMAX screen.

One of the great failures of Lionsgate marketing was that they didn't shout to the heavens that CF has as much 15/70 IMAX footage as TDKR.

I'm officially pissed, then, because I did see it in IMAX, and the resolution did change but it still didn't fill the entire IMAX screen.

Knowing the books by heart make me very critical of the movies. I think CoS is one of the dullest and mediocre blockbusters around aside from the serpent sequence. GoF...man, that films annoys me more. They completely butchered the characters and the emotional journey Harry went through. Gah, DID YA PUT YA NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYA Dumbledore was horrendous. 

"It's all going to change now, isn't it?" No fucking shit, Hermione.

Crouch as the villain...oh god, how they completely altered the character for the worse. I hate it.

lmao.

One of the great failures of Lionsgate marketing was that they didn't shout to the heavens that CF has as much 15/70 IMAX footage as TDKR.

This is the only bit of marketing which even mentioned IMAX, and it was just casually mentioned on Twitter

Posted Image

Not sure what you mean there. It's drop from the first Friday was only 0.9% more than Tangled's. It's following almost an identical path as Tangled so far, which is good news toward its run at topping Monsters University ($268m).

THR is projecting a 28m wkn, which means 58% drop, comparing with Tangled 55%.

• Founder / Operator

THR is projecting a 28m wkn, which means 58% drop, comparing with Tangled 55%.

Ah, gotcha. I think they're lowballing a bit, probably by $500-600k if not a bit more. Thinking more like a 57-57.5% drop, which is close enough to Tangled to still put them on the wavelength legs-wise IMO.

Twihards aren't that bad, really. At least they weren't trying to convert you and shove their shit in your face like the fucking Bronies. 

I've heard stories of twihards that threatened people.

Yes, they are (or were) bad.

I'm surprised that the Nicolas Cage fandom isn't on that list. Shame.

Reddit's "One True God"

http://www.reddit.com/r/onetruegod

Our place of devotion to the one true god, Nicolas Cage. His light guides us away from the temptation of John Travolta, and saves us from our bees.

His known prophets are Stephen King, who controls the mind, and M. Night Shyamalan, whose endings are always unforeseen. Follow their instructions, and you may achieve Mitt Romney, a state of eternal salvation and peace.

He is a sworn enemy of Xenu and his minion Obama, and fights against the aliens with the help of the FSM, commander of pirates.

Those who follow the faith of Cagenism are usually referred to as Cagenists or Nicolites, although any title that properly professes devotion to Him is permissible.

Praise Cage! May your Mountain Dew be sweet!

Edited by grim22
  • Like 4

Potter purists are probably the most annoying. Absolute twats. 

I remember back in 2005, tons of girls sent back their HBP books because they were livid Harry ended up with Ginny and not Hermione. One girl wrote, "I have now lost all faith in men."