CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

More of a shocking weekend. Madea number is the real shock while Hobbit number is just plain meh.

Shocking yeah but in retrospect TP has had a really good run. He got a lot of mileage out of that Madea character. It was bound to end sooner or later.

It doesnt matter though, it still looked like a Tyler Perry movie more than a "Tina Gordon Chism" movie to the masses. When it was out, all I heard was "have you seen the new Tyler Perry movie or are you seeing the Tyler Perry movie". My own dad came up to me and said "Hows the new Tyler Perry movie doing, did it make money yesterday?", not "hows the Tina Gordon Chism movie doing".

That "Tyler Perry presents" throws a lot of people off who didnt research, even I didnt know it wasnt his, but it looks just any of his other movies. His ratings for his 2 of his 3 TV shows are down as well. Somethings going on with his brand, and I consider Peeples apart of it.

Edited by Jandrew

Ehhh, I'd disagree with that too. I mean, my current top eight are full of legitimately great films and I haven't seen the last of the OCs this year.

I think Impact means BO wise. Well, atleast I hope he does as I think the quality of films has been really good this year. :huh:

• Like 1

It doesnt matter though, it still looked like a Tyler Perry movie more than a "Tina Gordon Chism" movie to the masses. When it was out, all I heard was "have you seen the new Tyler Perry movie or are you seeing the Tyler Perry movie". My own dad came up to me and said "Hows the new Tyler Perry movie doing, did it make money yesterday?", not "hows the Tina Gordon Chism movie doing".

That "Tyler Perry" presents throws a lot of people off who dont research, even I don't know it wasnt his, but it looks just any of his other movies. His ratings for his 2 of his 3 TV shows are down as well. Somethings going on with his brand, and I consider Peeples apart of it.

Still not convinced, lol. 

Time for some shameless shilling: The top 15 Christmas movies of all time list closes on Sunday, and I've only got seven lists so far! Be sure to take part in the most holly jolly list around!

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/12940-boxofficecoms-top-15-christmas-movies-of-all-time/

• Like 1

So, with Madea's Family Flopmas, does this mean Frozen will spend another week at #2? :D

If the 4M is true than Frozen will easily be number 2. With both TP and TH2 underperforming. I'm very interested in seeing how Frozen is holding. I would love 5.6 to 6M today and possibly 24-25M weekend. :D

Still not convinced, lol. 

So the GA calls it "the Tyler Perry movie" and "Tyler Perry's Peeples", and that doesnt convince you? Okey dokey then. No one know who TGC is, but everyone knows TP, hence why his name was plastered on it and why people thought it was his, but oh well. We'll see how Single Mom's and his show season premiere does next year.

Edited by Jandrew

Come on ijack. You know as well as I do Marvel is NEVER getting Xmen back from Fox. They'll release 15 low budget Wolverine movies and make money before they give up the rights. They haven't lost money on an Xmen film yet and I doubt of DOFP will be the first one. I'm not sure where this person is getting their info and I don't dare go to CBM to find out, lol.

We'll, they gave up on the Daredevil franchise, didn't they? Here's me hoping that it's what will happen if DoFP bombs.
  • Like 1