CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

Oh and also time for some classic film theory:

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 107M

Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas - 27M

Hours - 17M

We actually looked at the grosses of AUJ and whatever the last Madea movie was before predicting. Everyone except me said a Hobbit increase up to at least 96M. Also, I made a $5 bet with someone that Hours would not be released in more than 1000 theaters. They were insisting anything less than 2000 theaters would be intense disrespect for Paul Walker.... Whatevs, they just paid for a movie for me ^_^

Hours, 17M?  :wtf:

Soooo...are we in full meltdown mode? Can't possibly be as bad as Texas Longhorns fans right now.

I sense more of a don't give a fuck vibe.  Like this happening isn't really shocking ...

Longhorns fans are just all ... MAD. 

Edited by Adam

aren't you interested in publishing a toilet book out of these all hilarious episodes of your film theory class? haha and another thing I've wondered is do they ever correct themselves after seeing the actual box office results? well it's a way exciting film theory class in any way than the one I took. Mine was just a far more traditional one showing dr. caligari's cabinet, the battleship potemkin and citizen kane;)

LOL, that'd be good stuff. Not really, the teacher generally encourages the awful predicts by saying "Don't worry, guys, you were close" even if we're off by FORTY MILLION. *groans* One thing I do in my film class for fun is that every three weeks we have to film something related to a genre, and me and the only other semi-intelligent person in the class make bizarre surrealist films barely related to the genre causing the entire class just go "WTF?" :lol: We've watched a few classics; we're in the middle of Rocky now :D

#MadeaChristmas headed to only $4M-ish today. Will have worst opening ever for TylerPerry-directed film.

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/411686229726724096

Awww, man. Was hoping for a huge breakout for film theory

• Like 1

What happened to Texas? Is Mack Brown gone?

Nope. Right in the middle of their Friday night banquet, word came out that Saban was staying at Bama and Mack was staying at UT. Mack looked absolutely miserable during the banquet. The chairman of their Board of Regents got up there and gave what sounded like a eulogy speech, praising every single little thing Mack had done for the school in 16 years.

• Like 1

Nope. Right in the middle of their Friday night banquet, word came out that Saban was staying at Bama and Mack was staying at UT. Mack looked absolutely miserable during the banquet. The chairman of their Board of Regents got up there and gave what sounded like a eulogy speech, praising every single little thing Mack had done for the school in 16 years.

Honestly the only reason Saban would have to go to Texas would be for residential reasons. Otherwise he has everything he needs at 'Bama.