Shawn Robbins

Wednesday #s: ANCHORMAN 2 8.1M/ It's in a glass case of emotion / Hobbit (4.855m) / CF (1.243m)

• Founder / Operator

Yep and it's continuing to gain on Tangled. Leads over 52M and it's gaining on a day-day basis by having better holds. If it follows Tangled for rest of the week, Here is my projection.

2.08M Thursday

4.50M Friday

7.83M Saturday

5.79M Sunday

18.1M weekend(-19.9%). That's if it follows Tangled so far it has held better so close to 20M is possible for the weekend. I'm just loving following Frozen's run, day by day it continues to amaze.  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:

Even Toy Story 2 was down between 18-32% during the same Mon-Thu frame. And Frozen's already trending 19% ahead of it.  :o

I'm seriously starting to wonder if it can keep up enough momentum to approach $300 million.

• Like 2

CF now tracking $13.99M behind IM3. Should over take by a narrow margin in the next two or three weeks.

Catching Fire has it locked. Holiday will help it past Iron Man, and probably past 420M.

Yep and it's continuing to gain on Tangled. Leads over 52M and it's gaining on a day-day basis by having better holds. If it follows Tangled for rest of the week, Here is my projection.

2.08M Thursday

4.50M Friday

7.83M Saturday

5.79M Sunday

18.1M weekend(-19.9%). That's if it follows Tangled so far it has held better so close to 20M is possible for the weekend. I'm just loving following Frozen's run, day by day it continues to amaze.  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:

If this happens there is no way this misses $20 million for the 27-29th.

If you had told me two years ago that Catching Fire would be 2013's top domestic grosser, I definitely wouldn't have believed it. What a run this franchise is having.

It's amazing what some fresh ideas and good movies can do.

• Like 3

If you had told me two years ago that Catching Fire would be 2013's top domestic grosser, I definitely wouldn't have believed it. What a run this franchise is having.

And Mockingjay is practically in a one horse race in 2014, as well; Hunger Games could become the first franchise to ever win back-to-back years.

• Like 5

what kind of jump does DOS need on Friday to save face?

The first one increased 50%... In order to save face (Considering this forum is filled with barbarians who just wait to eat up a movie), it would need a 100% increase. Next to impossible.

Bon apetite.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 3

Even Toy Story 2 was down between 18-32% during the same Mon-Thu frame. And Frozen's already trending 19% ahead of it.  :o

I'm seriously starting to wonder if it can keep up enough momentum to approach $300 million.

Shawn, I've been on the 300M+ bandwagon since the OW. WOM is just godly for it and it has not a lot of competition, world is there for to be taken over by Frozen.  :)

• Like 2

And Mockingjay is practically in a one horse race in 2014, as well; Hunger Games could become the first franchise to ever win back-to-back years.

That is true. MJ looks like the only film that is certain to make over 300 million. I"m predicting 370 million for MJ.

• Like 1