filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

I was. My immediate reaction to it the first time I saw the film on opening weekend was to laugh.

Exactly. The lingering on the top and cutting to black right after it wobbled was Nolan playing a joke on audience expectations.

• Like 3

Well of course. But AT THE TIME everybody and their mother was trying to figure that ending out. You know it's true. I was on mojo back then. Nobody was calling it a "cheeky little wink" at the end of a fun adventure.

People were masturbating in analysis like it was some big business that would spin the whole movie into something else. "OMG!!!!NOLAN DID AN INCEPTION ON US!!!IT IS A DREAM! SO CLEVER!"

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

Hopefully even the people who don't care that much for Inception can agree that it would be a bad idea to make a sequel. Night at the Museum 2 is a perfect example of cash grab sequels that should have never been made. Inception's grandfather, The Matrix, is another really good example of how to ruin an interesting movie by cashing in with sequels.

Hopefully even the people who don't care that much for Inception can agree that it would be a bad idea to make a sequel. Night at the Museum 2 is a perfect example of cash grab sequels that should have never been made. Inception's grandfather, The Matrix, is another really good example of how to ruin an interesting movie by cashing in with sequels.

It felt like Matrix was setting up sequels from the beginning. They just weren't well executed

• Like 1

And you doubt because you have trouble comprehending that people didn't freak out at the ending?

I don't have trouble comprehending anything. What I have trouble with is remembering any of you saying then what you are saying now. Sorry but I don't. If you say so fine and I'll leave it at that.