filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

It isn't unheard of for a movie like Inception to get a nod, plus Up got the nod right after that year.

Given that Inception and Dark Knight Rises got similar reviews, similar to Up and Toy Story 3 you would think The Dark Knight Rises would get a nomination, but nope 0 (that'll be less than Iron Man 3 by the way).

There is no chance that any comic book movie, EVER, will get a Best Picture nod.

TDKR was kind of a mess. It was overlong, convoluted and very, VERY loud. If this is as good as comic movies can get, they don't deserve any nods.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know Inception wouldn't have gotten in if there were 5 nominees, and it could be because it was a Nolan flick that they felt a bit more suitable nominating.

But with the academy you will never see them pander so mainstream that they'd nominate a comic book movie for best picture, if Superman and the Dark Knight couldn't do it, no comic book movie can.

I'm sure something will some day. It took 50 years or so for Beauty and the Beast to make history.

They did overseas, or are we going to to just ignore those figures?

TF3 did big overseas and the movie sucked. I don't see the point. It opened big for sure and then it went downhill from there.

TDKR was kind of a mess. It was overlong, convoluted and very, VERY loud. If this is as good as comic movies can get, they don't deserve any nods.

-_- agree.

Also superhero movies demand a suspension of disbelief, but Batman escaping the nuke explosion and it's radius got a bit much.

• Like 1