filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

Whats Redbox?

You can rent dvd, and bluray for $1.20 + tax/per day. Its glorius and what i mainly use. Alot of movies i just wait for now because $1 is a hell of a lot easier than $8-9, or $16+ when im paying for my gf too, which is all the time. They have them in supercenters and grocery stores in the US, idk about OS yet. I think Redbox kicked Blockbusters ass as much as netflix because Netflix you usually have to wait months and they have contracts - every studio releases in Redbox and its only a couple weeks after the Dvd comes out. Redbox basically, is Jesus, if you can wait 4-5 more months. Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Is this like, the 10th time Noctis has been banned?

You would think he'd learn after, say, the 4th time.

You know some people just can't help themselves. That's why you see the usual suspects on the ban list all the time.

I've been thinking about this today. People bitch about the Oscars, but I think they're not as bad as they used to be. At least today fantasy, science-fiction and animation can get nominated or even win. Well yeah, This Is The End isn't getting a Best Picture nomination, but all kinds of movies are getting recognized unlike 15-20 years ago.

• Like 1

I was the same way until my local video rental stores went out of business. I loved just browsing the store looking at all the movies. I really miss that. :(

Yup. Its like going to the bookstore. Kindle books are great and I definitely like the fact that it doesn't take up too much space and its like carying my library with me. But I miss having tons of bookstores around to browse and sit in. There's a few Barnes & Nobles in the Bay Area but none in SF. And B&N isnt in the best of shape as well :(There's a few small bookstores as well..
  • Like 2

You can rent dvd, and bluray for $1.20 + tax/per day. Its glorius and what i mainly use. Alot of movies i just wait for now because $1 is a hell of a lot easier than $8-9, or $16+ when im paying for my gf too. They have them in supercenters and grocery stores in the US, idk about OS yet. I think Redbox kicked Blockbusters ass as much as netflix because Netflix you usually have to wait months and they have contracts - every studio releases in Redbox and its only a couple weeks after the Dvd comes out. Redbox basically, is Jesus, if you can wait 4-5 more months.

I have never used Redbox, lol.

Redbox put the nail in BB coffin for sure.  

Redbox now has instant watch too. It popped up on my PS3. From what i understand they don't have many movies though.

You can rent dvd, and bluray for $1.20 + tax/per day. Its glorius and what i mainly use. Alot of movies i just wait for now because $1 is a hell of a lot easier than $8-9, or $16+ when im paying for my gf too, which is all the time. They have them in supercenters and grocery stores in the US, idk about OS yet. I think Redbox kicked Blockbusters ass as much as netflix because Netflix you usually have to wait months and they have contracts - every studio releases in Redbox and its only a couple weeks after the Dvd comes out. Redbox basically, is Jesus, if you can wait 4-5 more months.

• Like 2

Yup. Its like going to the bookstore. Kindle books are great and I definitely like the fact that it doesn't take up too much space and its like carying my library with me. But I miss having tons of bookstores around to browse and sit in. There's a few Barnes & Nobles in the Bay Area but none in SF. And B&N isnt in the best of shape as well :(There's a few small bookstores as well..

Ah I miss the bookstores too. There was a Borders in the Block at Orange. They had a coffee shop and comfy chairs and sofas all around. I used to grab a bunch of books to peruse and sit there on my lunch break. It was very relaxing.  Yeah I have my nook and it is really convenient. But nothing like the bookstore. 

• Like 3

Lol who was Noctis attacking this time? Personally I have nothing against him. Reminds me of one of my friends that talks a lot shit and then when I'm about confront him it's "dude I was joking. Chill"

This is the internet though, so I guess it's easier for people to be loud and mean without consequences.

• Like 1

I have never used Redbox, lol.Redbox put the nail in BB coffin for sure. Redbox now has instant watch too. It popped up on my PS3. From what i understand they don't have many movies though.

I dont understand the point of the instant watch haha, theyre better off sticking to vending machines since no one else does that. Blockbuster tried but of course failed. You should check Redbox out though! Theyre in Walmart, cvs, walgreens, grocery stores, dollar general, etc. im not sure if Target has them yet. i have the redbox app and it tells me when a movie is coming to it, which is usually the same day to 3 weeks after the HV release. Very cheap and convenient and you can get multiple. They put older movies in there too sometimes, like when Thor 2 came out they put Avengers back in, and ive seen older. Only thing is no cash haha, must have a card.And if you lose the disk or try to be slick and not return, they stop charging you after 28 days. Though you get no special features haha. Edited by Jandrew

Ah I miss the bookstores too. There was a Borders in the Block at Orange. They had a coffee shop and comfy chairs and sofas all around. I used to grab a bunch of books to peruse and sit there on my lunch break. It was very relaxing. Yeah I have my nook and it is really convenient. But nothing like the bookstore.

Tell me about it. While living in NYC there's B&N and Borders everywhere. Borders had a big one in SF but now Borders is gone. It was great to just have a coffee and roam the aisles. Sometimes discovering a new book.And I doubt B&N will last longer. I hope I'm wrong. But I doubt they'll open in SF.

I dont understand the point of the instant watch haha, theyre better off sticking to vending machines since no one else does that. Blockbuster tried but of course failed.You should check Redbox out though! Theyre in Walmart, cvs, walgreens, grocery stores, dollar general, etc. im not sure if Target has them yet. i have the redbox app and it tells me when a movie is coming to it, which is usually the same day to 3 weeks after the HV release. Very cheap and convenient and you can get multiple. They put older movies in there too sometimes, like when Thor 2 came out they put Avengers back in, and ive seen older. Only thing is no cash haha, must have a card.And if you lose the disk or try to be slick and not return, they stop charging you after 28 days. Though you get no special features haha.

Yeah I see it at my supermarket. There's always a line and about 5 people to a family at the machine trying to pick movies. LOL nope. I'll give it a shot one day.

• Like 1