filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

Congrats, however, this upcoming SUPERBOWL will be one of the most lowest rated or lowest attended given that it's in New Jersey in fucking February and let me tell ya: It's COLD beyond all belief with the wind coming off the ocean.. Brace yourself for this one...

What does cold weather have to do with low ratings? In fact, snow usually help increase the ratings. 

Edited by druv10

I should've been more clear, that YES, Viewers will watch the SUPER BOWL, but saying the attendance for it is gonna be much lower than in previous years cause of how cold it's going to be...

Nah, the Super Bowl will still be sold out. Why? Well, becuase it is the freaking Super Bowl.

Well am2's ow in the US is disappointing. In Australia it appears Ron and co have blown all expectations away. He's made around 5.8m for the weekend. To put this in context - equivalent of a 58m weekend in the US. The first film only managed a 767k ow and finished with 2.3m in late 2004. That's right AM2 has already doubled the original films total cume in 4 days! Wow

I wonder if Lionsgate will spring for a Divergent ad like they did for Hunger Games.  That's the moment when THG went fever pitch and we all knew that it would hit 100m+ ow.

Pretty confident that there will be an ad for Divergent, but on the pregame show and not during the superbowl itself.

Last year, Disney bought in big and promoted Oz  The Great and Powerful andThe Lone Ranger. This year, the studio bought one 30-second spot and said it has not yet decided which movie to advertise. One possibility is the Aaron Paul-starring Need for Speed, based on the highly successful racing video game franchise. The pic bows with all its testosterone revving a month-plus after the Super Bowl on March 14.

Last year, Paramount snuck trailers for Star Trek Into Darkness and World War Z. This year, It  bought one :30 spot and will use it to debut the first footage from its highly anticipated Megatron sequel Transformers: Age of Extinction. Thanks to director Michael Bay for spilling those beans.

And not to be outdone, Sony will use the Super Bowl to advertise its rebooted superhero franchise installment The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which will open in May in IMAX 3D and conventional theaters.

Warner Bros. made no buy. Also, this year, Lionsgate bought a spot in the Super Bowl pregame show — but no word on what it will advertise as yet.

F&F 7 now moved till 2015. What a monster year for movie theaters.

I feel it is a really smart move by FF7. It is in April making it the first big event movie of the summer. I think they will use the "Summer starts here" promotion again. I can see a 120M opening for FF7 just by virtue of being the first big movie of the year.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Well am2's ow in the US is disappointing. In Australia it appears Ron and co have blown all expectations away. He's made around 5.8m for the weekend. To put this in context - equivalent of a 58m weekend in the US. The first film only managed a 767k ow and finished with 2.3m in late 2004. That's right AM2 has already doubled the original films total cume in 4 days! Wow

Great, now they can finally make Anchorman Down Under and Anchorman In the Bush.

• Like 1

Pretty confident that there will be an ad for Divergent, but on the pregame show and not during the superbowl itself.

interesting that it doesn't look like Disney is advertising Cap 2 or Guardians of the Galaxy. Looks like Fox isn't advertising either DOFP or Apes either

Yea THG was pre-game too but tons of people watch that too.  Good to hear that they're at least putting some effort into Divergent's marketing and not just dumping it like Ender's Game.

Speaking of which... EG's going to barely finish above 61m.  How disappointing.

Yea THG was pre-game too but tons of people watch that too.  Good to hear that they're at least putting some effort into Divergent's marketing and not just dumping it like Ender's Game.

Speaking of which... EG's going to barely finish above 61m.  How disappointing.

The OS is what's truly tragic. I mean damn, when do big budget movies bomb that bad OS these days?