Films

Wicked: Part 1 | November 22, 2024 | Jon M Chu to direct | Ariana Grande is Galinda. Cynthia Erivo is Elphaba

7 hours ago, Eric the Clown said:

Joker is also basically Wicked for dudes 👀 

Lol yeah it did occur to me that the success of Maleficent, which owes it to Wicked, is the reason we have all these unnecessary solo villain projects as well.

Kinda iconic that Agatha All Along will be referencing the Oz witches which Disney would never have permitted knowing it would benefit Universal and Wicked.

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Lol yeah it did occur to me that the success of Maleficent, which owes it to Wicked, is the reason we have all these unnecessary solo villain projects as well.

Kinda iconic that Agatha All Along will be referencing the Oz witches which Disney would never have permitted knowing it would benefit Universal and Wicked.

Its the other way around...The impending  Presence of Wicked is benefiting Agatha 

5 hours ago, YM! said:

She's probably gotten some offensive comments about playing Elphaba (I haven't seen any but I know people suck) but this is just...not it. They're parodying the original poster more. On the flip side, I like Campea more than most people but "You don't want me to talk about your movie anymore? Ok." c'mon man.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Hell, references to the Wicked Witch in the 1930 film are old,old,old. I give you 
"A Christmas Story" asn an example. Not so sure the reference in Agatha is tied in with "Wicked".