lilmac

Tuesday numbers (12/24) - DOS - 5.25, FRZ - 4.78, AH - 2.9, AM2 - 2.8, SMB - 1.92

despite Cinesmascore being only from a limited number of theaters usually when it is below a B it indicates poor legs

also, what are the projected weekend numbers for these movies

Anchorman's increase is jaw dropping

Edited by John Marston

For a 225 million film that's pretty awful (maybe average).

True, but I meant compared to every expectation.

Cinemascore only measures five theaters, and I can tell from experience they don't go about it in the best way. If they got five older, more conservative crowds, of course Cinemascore will be low for Wolf. But reactions have been great among the target audiences.

True, but I meant compared to every expectation.

Cinemascore only measures five theaters, and I can tell from experience they don't go about it in the best way. If they got five older, more conservative crowds, of course Cinemascore will be low for Wolf. But reactions have been great among the target audiences.

A giant flop is a giant flop, nothing you can say can change that.

• Like 1

How well did Believe do?

You know Justin Bieber did a publicity stunt where he announced his retirement, as a clear excuse to get more people to see his movie. Well after seeing the friday number for Believe, I think he might consider retirement for real.

Edited by Saintarcher

All numbers so far

[*]

Xmas Day Box Office contd: #6 '47 Ronin' $6.3M opening despite $200M budget. Disaster was expected. Universal already took the writedown.

[*]

Xmas Day Box Office contd: #4 another tie. Ben Stiller's 'Mitty' $7.5M with 'B+' Cinemascore even with expanded 'American Hustle'.

[*]

Xmas Day Box Office contd: #3 Will Ferrell's 'Anchorman 2' $8M-$8.1M. Cume now $56M.

[*]

Xmas Day Box Office: #1 tie? Scorsese/DiCaprio's 'Wolf Of Wall Street' $9M-$9.5M but shocker 'C' Cinemascore. Even with 'Hobbit 2: Smaug'.

[*]

Christmas Day Box Office: Bigger than expected starting with matinees and continuing early evening. Results later tonight.

Edited by grim22