fmpro

Christmas Day numbers | Bilbo leads

I get that people hate the superhero movies but I honestly don't understand the hate on Oz. That movie was simply charming; I wish they made more movies like it

Oz was good if you only watched it once in your entire life. With repeat viewings, it gets considerably worse.

That's a bad thing?

Yes that was a reason everything kept bombing. How do you expect a successful weekend when you release 4-5 movies and all are R? All the 2012 shootings, especially Newtown in December, didnt help either. Who thought it was smart back then to keep a movie titled "Bullet to the Head"?

I hear Prisoners was a good movie, hopefully it will come on Netflix next year.

Prisoners' script didn't do much for me, but it does include career-best performances for both Gyllenhaal and Jackman, making it really fantastic. Also, the cinematography is gorgeous

I saw the last 40 minutes on Starz the other day, and I liked it just as much as I did the first time I saw it :P

The ending is fine. It's already in the action and stuff, but watching the entire story slowly unfolding when you know everything is plain boring. And that's the movies problem - It needs quite some time to do that.

Yes that was a reason everything kept bombing. How do you expect a successful weekend when you release 4-5 movies and all are R? All the 2012 shootings, especially Newtown in December, didnt help either. Who thought it was smart back then to keep a movie titled "Bullet to the Head"?

I thought you were talking about quality. Never mind. 

My top 20(right now) are:

1. Frozen

2. Captain Phillips

3. This is the End

4. Saving Mr. Banks

5. The World's End

6. The Way Way Back

7. Star Trek: Into Darkness

8. Pacific Rim

9. Catching Fire

10. The Hobbit: DOS

11. Mud

12. Anchorman 2

13. Gravity

14. Thor: Dark World

15. The Wolverine

16. Pain & Gain

17. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

18. Now You See Me

19. Monsters University

20. The Great Gatsby 

Instead of doing honorable mentions, I just did a top 20.

Oh, and there are still a ton of movies I need/want to see from this year like 12YAS, WOWS, Prisoners, American Hustle, Fruitvale, Her, Nebraska, Rush, and Blue Jasmine just to name a few.

Edited by Empire
  • Like 1

Part of the reason I look back fondly on Oz was because I saw immediately after just failing at the chance to go the National Tournament for Speech, and I needed something to get my mind after sobbing at my own failure the whole bus ride home so my duo partner and I saw it and it cheered us both up. If I saw it at a different time, I probably wouldn't be so fond of it, but as it is, I loved it because it was excellent escapism at the perfect time.

• Like 1

Did I miss everyone doing top 10s a couple pages back. I'll throw one out.

1. Frozen

2. The Place Beyond The Pines

3. Frances Ha

4. This Is The End

5. Side Effects

6. Stories We Tell

7. Before Midnight

8. Blue Is The Warmest Color

9. Pain & Gain

10. Upstream Color

• Like 2

Part of the reason I look back fondly on Oz was because I saw immediately after just failing at the chance to go the National Tournament for Speech, and I needed something to get my mind after sobbing at my own failure the whole bus ride home so my duo partner and I saw it and it cheered us both up. If I saw it at a different time, I probably wouldn't be so fond of it, but as it is, I loved it because it was excellent escapism at the perfect time.

Sometimes the experience of watch a movie or the reason you are seeing a movie can really help to form your opinion of a movie.

• Like 1