Gopher

2014 BOX OFFICE AWARDS: Nomination Period Now OVER, Thanks For Participating

what is that?

Fantastic cartoon on Disney Channel that's about these twins who spend the summer with their great-uncle who owns a tourist trap. Paranormal things happen around town and there's an ongoing mystery about old books and stuff. The tone is a mix of X-Files, Scooby-Doo, Twin Peaks, and Adventure Time and it somehow all works. Really great.

• Like 1

FYC: Best thread, most impressive box office performance, best score, best cinematography, best visual effects, best production design best animated feature, best ensemble, best adapted screenplay, best supporting actress, best actress, best picture

Posted Image

Edited by Frozen2013

I need some reminders to fill out the Best Supporting Actresses list. I feel like for this year that field is pretty weak. Also, are we counting Daniel Bruhl as lead or supporting like what other awards seem to do?

I need some reminders to fill out the Best Supporting Actresses list. I feel like for this year that field is pretty weak.Also, are we counting Daniel Bruhl as lead or supporting like what other awards seem to do?

Is Lea Seydoux in Blue an actress or a supporting actress. Adele is obviously a lead, but Seydoux could go either way. 

I guess it depends in which category they get more votes.

Edited by Jack Nevada

I need some reminders to fill out the Best Supporting Actresses list. I feel like for this year that field is pretty weak.

Also, are we counting Daniel Bruhl as lead or supporting like what other awards seem to do?

FYC

Posted Image

Carey Mulligan, Inside Llewyn Davis

and

Posted Image

Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Years a Slave

• Like 2

FYC

Posted Image

Carey Mulligan, Inside Llewyn Davis

and

Posted Image

Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Years a Slave

Thanks, Panda.

I got Lupita on my list. I haven't watched Inside Llewyn Davis yet, so I'll keep that in mind.

But I think we should establish those things beforehand. It wouldn't be fair for said actor/actress to get their votes split.

I'm pushing Bruhl for lead regardless of what the "establishment" is. Personal opinions should take precedence.

I'm pushing Bruhl for lead regardless of what the "establishment" is. Personal opinions should take precedence.

I agree about Bruhl being lead. I'll vote for him in that category too. But it's just that it's kinda unfair for him if his votes got split.
  • Like 1