CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers Age of Extinction: 1.05B (300 mil in China!!)

Top 5 2014 international M$

1 - Transformers 4   - China - 301,0

2 - Captain America TWS - USA - 258,7

3 - The Lego Movie   - USA - 257,5

4 - Frozen   - Japan - 246,7

5 - Transformers 4   - USA - 236,3

Top 5 365 days international M$

1 - Catching Fire - USA - 424,6
2 - Frozen   - USA - 400,7

3 - Transformers 4   - China - 301,0

4 - Gravity - USA - 274,0
5 - Captain America TWS - USA - 258,7

Edited by edroger
  • Like 4

Which is why the pages of folk claiming this will flop provided unintentional comedy.

Transformers movies can't flop at this point. It is not a sensible perspective. Even if the next one does only $200m domestic, that is a small part of the story. This is in the elite club of having back to back billion dollar grossers. Not an easy feat. In fact, Transformers may be the first ever franchise to have 3 back to back billion dollar grossers. Avatar most likely will hit this as well. Peter Jackson almost did with Return of the King, AUJ, DOS but fell short with the later. 

I am glad this is a huge success simply as a response to that 17% Rating. The movie was no where near that bad.

No where near worthy of 17% is a bit of an exaggeration. It was no where near as good as any of the others, so the most worthy of 17%.

No where near worthy of 17% is a bit of an exaggeration. It was no where near as good as any of the others, so the most worthy of 17%.

17% indicates a total stinker or incompetent movie. I think most people who have seen it would agree it is no where near close to that level of description.

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

Even with China now no longer bringing in money? I mean it did 37.5m last weekend. 17m internationally seems difficult, though it did just do 17m through the week, so I could be way off here haha.

Domestic will also contribute something during Thurs-Sun. TF4 will be at 241m at least on Sunday, so OS required is 759m. Therefore only 13.6m more required during the Thur-Sun period. Edited by Fake