druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

It felt like something that would have come out of the WGA Strike; i.e. trailers made it look like Skyfall but it was just Quantum of Solace.

I enjoyed it though, the characters are too fun not to.

The response to it on this forum is weird considering the great reviews it received. I maintain it's a Trekkie bias. I haven't seen any of the original movies (only Next Generation, First Contact, and Insurrection) and STID impressed me quite a bit, particularly on an emotional level. If a summer blockbuster makes me teary, it's doing something right. 

• Like 2

The response to it on this forum is weird considering the great reviews it received. I maintain it's a Trekkie bias. I haven't seen any of the original movies (only Next Generation, First Contact, and Insurrection) and STID impressed me quite a bit, particularly on an emotional level. If a summer blockbuster makes me teary, it's doing something right. 

It hit its moments well, there just wasn't much in between.

and of course Giacchino's score is out of this world, heightening said moments

Edited by cory

Kurt Russell Movies:The ThingBig Trouble in Little ChinaEscape From New YorkTombstoneOverboardUsed CarsStargateBackdraftBreakdownExecutive DecisionDark BlueTequila SunriseThe Best of TimesTango & CashEscape From L.A. Deathproof3000 Miles to Graceland

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

Best Kurt Russell Movies:The ThingBig Trouble in Little ChinaEscape From New YorkTombstoneOverboardUsed CarsStargateBackdraftBreakdownDark BlueTequila SunriseThe Best of TimesTango & CashEscape From L.A.Deathproof3000 Miles to Graceland

No "Executive Decision"???

Best Kurt Russell Movies:The ThingBig Trouble in Little ChinaEscape From New YorkTombstoneOverboardUsed CarsStargateBackdraftBreakdownDark BlueTequila SunriseThe Best of TimesTango & CashEscape From L.A.Deathproof3000 Miles to Graceland

*Sees Tango and Cash*

*Leaves satisfied*

It hit its moments well, there just wasn't much in between.

I gleaned quite a bit. Thought the ruminations on a military industrial complex and terrorism were an interesting way of circumventing the old series' habit of addressing "important" issues of its time.