The Creator

Closing Remarks

To all current and previous players of Box Office Alliance:

Thank you all for your continued dedication to what I personally think has been the most rewarding gaming experience on these forums. For over 2 years, 4 seasons, you have made this small idea I started out with blossom into a very competitive, thrilling, and suspenseful game show. I have enjoyed being your host, and it has been a great time getting to know you all and even growing to like and respect you as quality forum members and skilled box-office predictors. You have all been valuable in some way in making "Box Office Alliance" a great, lasting game.

Since its inception, there has been a lot of interesting competition, suspenseful Challenges, surprise eliminations, and freak twists that have made this the epitome of an exciting game show. Each season has brought something new to the table and has introduced new players who have helped shape the game in some way. Although I always try something new with each season, it has been the players that have helped me keep true to the original ideas and concepts of the game. And, I wanted to say for clarity's sake, every single season has NEVER been planned out. Any rough patches were always caused by me introducing a new concept then running with it to make it work. For instance, the whole Legends thing last season was never thought out. At the start of the season I was just like, "Hey let's do something exciting" and then I started trinkling with ideas but I never planned out everything I would have for the Legends. They came as they did, when they did, and without much interference on my part. And that has been the same of each season; never planned out, but always finding some way to work out.

You all have made this an interesting game. The stuff that goes on inside the threads may sometime rouse excitement, but they hold nothing to the intrigue and backstabbery that occurs within the private messages amongst the teams. If ever I get the chance to archive that information, I can show you all the backstories of Box Office Alliance, but I doubt I'll ever be able to. Regardless, let it be known that this game has been very competitive, and the players who have been most loyal are the ones who have made it the most worthwhile.

I wish I had time to go into the moments I most enjoyed about the game, or to answer any unanswered questions, but I don't really. You all may however share your favorite moments if you so wish amongst each other here, or to give your closing remarks to the game, but I will not venture to join you in this discussion.

However, there is something I must leave you with. I will allow a very loyal player to finish out Season 5 with 3-5 more episodes if someone so wishes to step up to the position. Please pm me about it and I will let everyone know who may finish out Season 5, so that this isn't ended on such a note as this. If you would like to be considered, mention yourself here so we can see if others support you as a temporary host to end the game. Or if you think someone would make a good host, mention their name in a comment and I will get in touch with them.

Meanwhile, I must leave you all but I appreciate all the dedication that has been shown here and maybe some day I will be able to return for Season 6 as originally intended, but for the forseeable future, I will not be able to return and so farewell.

Thanks for your participation,

The Creator 

I'd volunteer to finish the game, but it would probably just take one more episode, where Goeff and I kill everyone off while listening to One Direction and twerking like a Miley Cyrus turkey.  I'll do it, but it won't be pretty.

The only other member here, other than myself, on your level of creativity and writing ability is Numbers.  He's the only person I would consider entrusting the game with.  IMO.

Well this is surprising, but I've been absent for a season now so I haven't kept up at all. But it's very sad to see you go Creator; this was definitely my favourite game on the forums (besides maybe CAYOM which you are amazing at). I do hope you'll return one day. I look forward to playing season 6. 

Jim, you are entirely right, Numbers would be a phenomenal choice. Do others agree? 

He's already been eliminated (although I had planned to bring him back, but now he can be brought back differently and more importantly). 

Another thing: to whomever does choose to host, if anyone, Tawasal is also still alive. I granted him leave of absence but he's back if that affects anything.

Numbers, if you feel you're up for it (which likely you may not be, but if you are) then please contact me.

Sorry to see you go Creator. Hopefully you make it back someday for this and CAYOM.

Jim, Creator, flattered that you think I'd be a good choice to run this, but I'm not sure if I'm up to the task. I get the feeling I'd make the questions either too easy or abominably difficult. At the very least I'm going on vacation from tomorrow through next Monday so I wouldn't be able to do much for this weekend. I'll think about it, but I can't commit to doing future seasons.

I'd volunteer to finish the game, but it would probably just take one more episode, where Goeff and I kill everyone off while listening to One Direction and twerking like a Miley Cyrus turkey.  I'll do it, but it won't be pretty.

:shades:

To Numbers, I'm certainly not asking for anyone to run future seasons. I'm looking for anyone who may want to finish Season 5 with another couple episodes (3-5 is really all it needs left, and 3 is a great way to finish it with 11 episodes for the season). So if you are up for it after your vacation, let me know and I'll pass on everything you need to know just to finish out this season. Then we'll call it quits, at least for the time being.

At Xeno, yes something like that. It's been increasingly difficult for me to find the time to come here at all anymore, between college, work, my social life, and this girl I'm really really into.

At Goffe, your Miley Cyrus twerky has always disgusted me. Just thought I'd share that.