grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

A couple more further down:

Grudge Match: $0.575M

A Madea Christmas: $0.302M

Yuck.  Just a 73% increase for GM.  I know it's run is basically done but I had hoped it would have been able to hold on for a bit longer.  Looks like it'll finish with less than 35 mill.  

• Like 1

Can Saving Mr. Banks finish over 100 m? It's having a very nice run. I dont see less than 90 m. atm.

Edit: What a terrific year for Tom Hanks with Captain Phillips and this one and a probabe Oscar nomination. Great comeback.

Edited by picores
  • Like 1

Well, if someone saw that "documentary" on HBO (or Letterman appearance) and isn't 100% tuned into the entertainment industry, I can see why they would think he was a lunatic.

I love Joaquin and think he's a great actor and all, but I always felt the guy was a bit cuckoo. I mean, c'mon, a normal person wouldn't subject himself to the things he did in that documentary and the promotion for it.

Well, if someone saw that "documentary" on HBO (or Letterman appearance) and isn't 100% tuned into the entertainment industry, I can see why they would think he was a lunatic.

I don't mean to derail this with Phoenix talk but the documentary was meant as a joke the whole time.  Letterman was in on the joke when he interviewed him.  Phoenix is a little out of tune with Hollywood.  I've read that he thinks the whole scene is superficial and ridiculous and that the documentary was just something to illustrate that.  

Phoenix, like Casey Affleck is also a vegan and he speaks out on animal welfare and he did the narration of Earthlings for next to nothing.  

I don't think Phoenix being involved has anything to do with how little it will gross.  Put anyone in a film like this and give it the marketing push its had and it would finish with the same amount.

• Like 4

Grudge Match looks so unappealing to me.

Fair enough, but it has a 7 rating on imdb, most who have seen it here have liked it and Jar Jar (works for this site) also said it was a good movie.  Give it a chance, it might surprise you.

I don't mean to derail this with Phoenix talk but the documentary was meant as a joke the whole time.  Letterman was in on the joke when he interviewed him.  Phoenix is a little out of tune with Hollywood.  I've read that he thinks the whole scene is superficial and ridiculous and that the documentary was just something to illustrate that.  

Phoenix, like Casey Affleck is also a vegan and he speaks out on animal welfare and he did the narration of Earthlings for next to nothing.  

I don't think Phoenix being involved has anything to do with how little it will gross.  Put anyone in a film like this and give it the marketing push its had and it would finish with the same amount.

That's the problem when you do an "act" like he did.  Many people never found out it was a put-on.

• Like 2

Frozen seems headed for around 13.7m, only a 30% drop from last weekend. 360m finish should happen.Hobbit seems headed for 265m while CF should finish with 425m.

At the current pace, it's going to make 2.73 times more than Tangled this weekend and Tangled made another 25M more from this weekend. With similar multiplier gives a total north of 380M+. Currently it's holding much better than Tangled so I don't see how it only makes 360M. Dare I say, it has better shot at making 400M than only finishing around 360M.