iceroll

71st Golden Globes Ceremony Thread - Tonight, on now!

Yes, thank you to all the transexuals who died of aids for helping me win awards and stuff.

That's not how I took it at all.  Sounds more like he's saying that Rayon was a fighter.  He didn't give up when people gave up on him.  Leto went through a similar journey, not with AIDS and such but a journey that he could draw inspiration from someone who never gave up.

::Shrug:: 

Guess it's my fault for watching them... I only did it because it was fun watching the reactions on this thread while they were going one.

1) Actors trying to be funny or profound at these awards are rarely either.  All it does is show why there are directors, writers and editors.

2) You are naive if you think little little 'skits' like Thompson's is just 'cutting loose and having fun'.  It's carefully crafted to be one of the 'events' of the show and to be talked about on twitter and on entertainment websites.  It's like athletics showboating and taunting to try to make an ESPN highlight.  I guess I don't like 'acting' when they are representing themselves.

3) I was mentored at an early stage in my career to always act professional at work events when alcohol is present... even fun events like holiday parties.  You may be the life of the party that night but it's very easy to  remembered for the wrong reasons by people important to your future.

4) I personally preform those performers that are classy, prepared, controlled and act like they've been there before.

Maybe I'll drink during the Oscars and that'll let me enjoy people showing what their true personalities are.

I have no words for this.  Carry on.  

Posted Image

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me but if a kid half her age was doing all the things Jennifer Lawrence was doing, that kid would be diagnosed with some hyperactivity disorder and Ritalined up the ass.But since it's J-Law it's all cool?

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Maybe it's just me but if a kid half her age was doing all the things Jennifer Lawrence was doing, that kid would be diagnosed with some hyperactivity disorder and Ritalined up the ass.But since it's J-Law it's all cool?

What is she doing that's so wrong? She's messing around with her friend. I don't see the problem.