Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

Oscar nominated Actor.

Hey, good for him though. This guy was driving limos in Minneapolis not too long ago and now people are driving him around in them.

You have to wonder how someone like Paul Greengrass ever came across him. I mean, the guy had been in absolutely nothing before this film and now all of a sudden he's on the A-list.

• Like 2

I'm glad with The Lone Ranger visual effects nod because it shows that practical visual effects can still shine in this CGI-heavy world ight now. Yeah the movie is dull but the craftmanship in the railroad set pieces IMHO is worthy of the nomination.

• Like 2

Pixar is no longer the giant we expect, Monsters U snub w/ five better animated films? Don't think that is possible

Pixars last 3 titles have been extremely poor in regards to their own standards, maybe that's why they have been snubbed because they have disappointed peoples expectations.

We are talking about Visual Effects, and Man of Steel destroys Lone Ranger in that category.

The camera in MoS didn't keep still long enough to appreciate the effects.

Anyway, Pacific Rim destroys both of those films effects and quality wise.

• Like 2

You have to wonder how someone like Paul Greengrass ever came across him. I mean, the guy had been in absolutely nothing before this film and now all of a sudden he's on the A-list.

They had an open casting for the role and he auditioned. Great find

• Like 1

went to our local imdb-like movie site

80% of the comments abt how Rush & Bruhl snub is unfair & Hill should gtfo (not as many comments as I'd want :lol: )   :wub:  :wub:

im not alooooone

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1

Pixars last 3 titles have been extremely poor in regards to their own standards, maybe that's why they have been snubbed because they have disappointed peoples expectations.

Brave still won though but it was the highest grossing animated film last year so that gave it an edge

Jonah Hill getting a nomination has to be my favourite part of the selections.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled for so many others, but Hill's performance when he was on Quelludes was enough to get him in my book.

I don't know if I love or hate these nominations. Great to see that Leo made it- I was dreading the inevitable snub. Awesome for Hill too, and for Her. But alot of bad stuff. I loved Bale in Hustle, he turns an otherwise average film into a pretty good one, IMO, but God....over Hanks? Really? If there was to be a snub, I would have loved to see Phoenix nominated. Also, very upset that ILD didn't get a picture nom, and that Thompson and Spike Jonze were snubbed. Sad.  Also, Cooper doesn't deserve it over Gyllenhall, and Roberts over Spencer? Meh. I need to see Nebraska and DBC to have a fuller opinion, but yea.

• Like 2