Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

(And also have you guys ever considered that Adams bumped out Thompson? Let's be honest here. MERYL WAS ALWAYS GOING TO GET IN. FACT. The Academy worships Meryl and she gets in every time. So, Adams is obviously the new addition to the line-up that the Academy switched out with Thompson. I think this logic works better for everyone involved in this.)

Getting nominated for being worshiped is one thing; getting nominated because you deserve it is another.

Glad we agree on this, at least.

I know most of y'all might not be pleased with me saying this, but I'm so fucking happy for Gravity getting all those nominations.Having seen this movie over 3 months ago, I still can't get over the fact it being such a remarkable feeling.I think I came across sb saying it was a good film indeed, but it'd get forgotten in the longer perspective of time. Well, I can still say looking back at the former year I gotta go with Gravity as the best movie I've seen in 2013, so much for not connecting enough with the audience to forget it imo.

I know most of y'all might not be pleased with me saying this, but I'm so fucking happy for Gravity getting all those nominations.Having seen this movie over 3 months ago, I still can't get over the fact it being such a remarkable feeling.I think I came across sb saying it was a good film indeed, but it'd get forgotten in the longer perspective of time. Well, I can still say looking back at the former year I gotta go with Gravity as the best movie I've seen in 2013, so much for not connecting enough with the audience to forget it imo.

Sandra Bullock said that? Wtf?

Getting nominated for being worshiped is one thing; getting nominated because you deserve it is another.

Glad we agree on this, at least.

I would think that being worshiped entails churning out consistent performances at a level that everyone else can only dream of. Of course she deserves it. If anything, she's underrated in Hollywood and deserves another 5-7 nominations. There's actually a list of ridiculously egregious Streep snubs (for which she got even with Thompson this year on one). 

I have no idea why you all think AH is at equal odds or even a frontrunner to win BP. I see very little chance 12 Years doesn't win.

I dunno. 12 years is too tough to watch and not being racist but way too black to win, imo. I mean I think AH is the equal odds/frontrunner in a process a bit like this year's Papal Conclave. No you, not you, not you, therefore you. It's not being seen as the frontrunner on its own merit, but rather all the other films have something really holding it back like perception of being a sci-fi or race and etc. 

But I do suppose the one thing that 12 years has going for it is that it is the politically correct thing to do. 

My prediction would be... 12 Years a Slave, Cuaron, McConaughey, Blanchett, Leto and Lawrence; 5 Oscars for Gravity and 3 for 12 Years a Slave, American Hustle and Dallas Buyers Club.

That won't happen. The BP winner is never that far behind in number of wins. It just doesn't happen. The amount of passion a winner inspires in people leads to a lot of blind voting in techs and underserved wins there. i don't see 3 for 12 Years and then 5 for Gravity. 

Actually, I just noticed that Gravity won Editing last night at the BFCAs. if this trend continues, then it can win BP, especially since it'll pick-up Cinematography. (I don't see how lubezki loses, I mean he even did 3D)

Robert Redford lobbed a blame bomb at his “All Is Lost” distributor Roadside Attractions on Thursday, suggesting that he may have been snubbed for a Best Actor nomination because the film “suffered from little to no distribution.”

http://www.thewrap.com/robert-redford-slams-roadside-attractions-oscar-snub-blame/

He's so right, but now it's too late to regret, isn't it? Anyways, this can't be the only reason. Others could be the October release (against Gravity, Captain, and 12YAS it had no air to breath), the movie itself (almost no dialog) and the greatest competition ever to get a nod.

Fuck Streep. She's an old hag who overacts in nearly all her recent movies, and she goes on rants that you and other Meryl Streep worshippers bow down too. Well, move over Streepites, I'm making a new religion

Posted Image

BOW DOWN TO THE NEW GODDESS EMMA THOMPSON

Posted Image

PREACH IT!!!  :worthy:  :worthy: :worthy:

THe only thing I am seing in this GIF is Julia Roberts paying her respect to the Queen in the foreground.

• Like 2

For some reason, I feel AH will come home empty handed.

There is always a movie with a truck load of nominations that gets nada and AH could be the one.

Please don't get my hopes up.

For some reason, I feel AH will come home empty handed.

There is always a movie with a truck load of nominations that gets nada and AH could be the one.

Nah the academy will give all the awards to American Hustle just to spite everyone.