Lordmandeep

Ever Watch A Movie and Get Interested In What the film Was About?

Many movies we watch are about certain issues or topics and such.

Has a film ever had such an impact on you that it made you interested in what was about? 

Twister - Made me get interested in the weather and severe weather. Actually it really made storm chasing very popular.

Gladiator- interested in Roman History, so much so I pretty much can name the first 20 emperor by memory. 

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington - Politics

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

After I saw Jurassic Park I thought I wanted to grow up and be a paleontologist. I didn't know what that really was, so I just said I wanted to do what Alan Grant did. I grew out of that quick though. :lol:

It also caused me to get really into dinosaurs. I used be able to name almost every dinosaur.

• Like 3

Twister got me really interested in weather. This was probably the most influential movie. 

8 Mile got me obsessed with Eminem.

The first Twilight got me interested in vampires.

Inception got be interested in dreams and how they work. 

Contagion left a negative mark on me. It turned me germ-a-phobic :( Every flu season I buy tons of bleach, hand sanitizer, and soap. December-April is the worst time of the year imo.  

Also after seeing Jaws I still refuse to swim in salt water. I went to the ocean several times in Florida with friends and I refused to swim. Plus laying on the beach is more entertaining :P

• Like 1

Gettysburg - I had a casual interest in the Civil War before watching it and have been a Civil War buff ever since.  The battle of Gettysburg itself has been a big interest to me and I've been to the battlefield a couple of times.

• Like 2

Star Wars got me interested in using the force.

:P

Okay on a serious note-quite a few have gotten me interested in historical aspects and interesting trivia.

And as odd as it may sound-Indy kind of did get me into WW2. :P

(Okay not quite, but I did want to know more I believe after the 3rd one)

Edited by Impact

Most movies, especially "based on a true story" movies, I Wikipedia the shit out of them. So after American Hustle I read all about the real Abscam, after SMB I read all about Travers and Disney and after I watch Wolf I'll probably read all about that.

• Like 1

Gettysburg - I had a casual interest in the Civil War before watching it and have been a Civil War buff ever since.  The battle of Gettysburg itself has been a big interest to me and I've been to the battlefield a couple of times.

Yeah I went to Gettysburg after watching the film.

Was like 800 km from my house but it was worth it.