ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

I was a bit depressed after watching it. It was so sad, and remind me of the time when I was a sophomore/junior in college. The time when I just suddenly lost direction and constantly question my abilities and my future prospects. The movie is raw, powerful and relatable to me in that way. So I love it. Would be hard to watch it again though.

I loved some individual moments, really loved Oscar Isaac and loved the attention to detail, but I think it's almost The Coens on autopilot, recycling their own material (mostly from A Serious Man). It also loses it's way somewhere around the John Goodman/Garret Hedlund segment and it never regained my interest again. 

• Like 1

I love the guy on the right. 

"mmmmMMMMMmm"

It took me years to notice this guy but in GIF form, it's impossible to miss. He's the highlight of that shot.

Also, guy on the left kind of looks like New Jersey governor Chris Christie to me now that I think about it.

• Founder / Operator

I blame Shawn on Jack Ryan's under performing. He was the one that brought the 8.5M number!  :ph34r:

Sad fact: that wasn't even the highest number that actually floated around. :lol:

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

Sad fact: that wasn't even the highest number that actually floated around. :lol:

It dropped a full 3M from your numbers. How is that even possible in single digits :lol: ? I understand it in 40M drops to 36M or something like that. Nights shows were shit, I assume.

Edited by CJohn

• Founder / Operator

It dropped a full 3M from your numbers. How is that even possible in single digits :lol: ? I understand it in 40: drops to 36M or something like that. Nights shows were shit, I assume.

I have no idea. :lol:

I can understand being 1-2m off, but that particular source dropped the ball on that one. Can't win 'em all, I guess.

• Like 1

Don't know why Ride Along is doing so well, the trailers looked terrible and its getting bad reviews  :angry:

I don't know why either (not a knock against it, just saying) but this is just one more in a litany of examples as to why reviews don't mean anything.

I'm thinking closer to 19 maybe even around 20 than 17. Sunday drop will be small and Monday number will be close to 5M. 

Agreed.  Could be a photo finish between this and Nut Job. Part of me wants that to collapse, but I also want to see this weekend blow by 200M...

• Founder / Operator

Kevin Hart is the reason.

That, plus I think this is acting somewhat like a 21 Jump Street sequel thanks to the buddy cop theme and Ice Cube. Curious to see how the actual Jump Street sequel performs compared to this...

• Like 1