Fake

The International Box Office Discussion Thread

Even more confusion:

According to Screendaily's updated article:

The Adventures Of Tintin has crossed $200m through SPRI and Paramount Pictures International (PPI) following a combined $14.5m weekend haul from 11,800 in 51 that propelled the tally to $207m. SPRI territories accounted for $8.5m for a $161.5m running total while PPI has reported $6m for $45.9m so far.

The second weekend in China through PPI produced $3m from 7,030 for $14.5m. Highlights territories include leader France on $51.8m, the UK on $24.3m through PPI and Spain on $23.9m. Belgium, home to the late Tintin creator Herge, has generated $8.7m.

That weekend figure will be mighty impressive if true.

As for the total, when adding SPRI and PPI numbers, it comes to about $207.4m.

BTW updated the post on previous page with Screendaily's updated article.

And do you really believe they will account for less than $100m?

I don't know, I haven't made any predictions. I know Tintin is not The Smurfs, but as a reference that movie made roughly $130M in Tintin's remaining territories (if BOM foreign numbers are accurate and complete). If Tintin is more popular, your $450M may be right. If it is less popular, $350 may be right.

I don't know, I haven't made any predictions. I know Tintin is not The Smurfs, but as a reference that movie made roughly $130M in Tintin's remaining territories (if BOM foreign numbers are accurate and complete). If Tintin is more popular, your $450M may be right. If it is less popular, $350 may be right.

Smurfs bombed in Japan while I am expecting Tintin to do huge numbers there. SK wasn't particularly huge for Smurfs either. I am expecting Tintin to do 60M+ in these two markets while Smurfs did only $10M. I may be completely wrong but that is my reasoning for the 450m predict.

Even more confusion:According to Screendaily's updated article:That weekend figure will be mighty impressive if true.As for the total, when adding SPRI and PPI numbers, it comes to about $207.4m.BTW updated the post on previous page with Screendaily's updated article.

14,5 mill sounds fantastic.. Great jump..But total is still the same?? WTF??

Smurfs bombed in Japan while I am expecting Tintin to do huge numbers there. SK wasn't particularly huge for Smurfs either. I am expecting Tintin to do 60M+ in these two markets while Smurfs did only $10M. I may be completely wrong but that is my reasoning for the 450m predict.

Japan could break out yes.. But 450 mill is no longer reachable IMO

Any chance of Intouchables beating Avatar?It's one mighty impressive run!

If you look at admissions, Intouchables will easily top Avatar which made 14 mio admissions in France. Intouchables cume is 12 mio next week and climbing. Weekly drop just -20% or so. All time hits in France since 1938 in admissions here:http://www.cine-dire...s.net/box38.htm Edited by pinocchio