Fake

The International Box Office Discussion Thread

And I just noticed, Titanic is at US$6.3m in Australia... so it made another $1m here. That's awesome.

That's somewhat equivalent to the run it will end up having in the US. 63 mill (or there abouts) is what that works out to in US equivalent.

The situation in Spain is terrible. Unemployment is in 23% (and nearly 50% in youth people which are the main market for blockbusters). It's been said that we could reach nearly 6 million people without job this year. Today, it's been said Spain is officially in recession again. I think it's logical that people do not go to the movies as often. The average salary is about 1,000 euros per month (is even lower in many cases). That's about 1,330 dollars. The ticket costs 6,5 euros on average (8,6 dollars). We have to choose where to spend money

It's actually now 23% overall and 48% for young people. Scary.Whatsoever. 48% or 50% just show the situation doesn't improve.

:o :blink:Shocking.There was a big headline on CNN yesterday, "Why Europe thinks America is booming"... About how Americans think the economy is still in the shit, but Europeans see a projected 2% growth in American economy for 2012 and think it's huge. Interesting, anyway..http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/22/zakaria-europe-suffers-from-too-much-austerity/?hpt=hp_bn2

Your tickets are so cheap.

Well, the price is cheap or not depending on your salary and the fixed costs every month. If most people have to pay a mortgage of about 600 or 700 euros per month (and more), and the salary is 1,000 euros, maybe they can't go to movies and pay "only" 6.5 euros (and coke and pop corn....). There are bills and food to pay too. And maybe people prefer to see movies at home. That's much more cheap.

Shocking.There was a big headline on CNN yesterday, "Why Europe thinks America is booming"... About how Americans think the economy is still in the shit, but Europeans see a projected 2% growth in American economy for 2012 and think it's huge. Interesting, anyway..http://globalpublics...ity/?hpt=hp_bn2

It's nice your country GDP grows again after the subrime crises that nearly made the world collapse. That's what usually happens: you are deep in the the toilet and then -- things might become a litte bit better. But back to box office.

Well, the price is cheap or not depending on your salary and the fixed costs every month. If most people have to pay a mortgage of about 600 or 700 euros per month (and more), and the salary is 1,000 euros, maybe they can't go to movies and pay "only" 6.5 euros (and coke and pop corn....). There are bills and food to pay too. And maybe people prefer to see movies at home. That's much more cheap.

I know. I'm not sure of what the cost of living is here TBH, but your tickets are about US$4 cheaper than ours. To put it into more perspective, our tickets are the equivalent of 10 Euros.

I know. I'm not sure of what the cost of living is here TBH, but your tickets are about US$4 cheaper than ours. To put it into more perspective, our tickets are the equivalent of 10 Euros.

I had supposed the tickets would be more expensive there. I've been reading about Australia and the salaries are about a 50% higher than in Spain, so it's logical the higher ticket prices.

Comparing with other countries, we have the highest average ticket price, seriously.Per capita monthly income of urban residents in China in 2011 is only about $ 320, while the average movie ticket price is as high as $6. If you go to a movie, it can easily cost 2% of your monthly income.For Titanic 3D, it can cost well over $20, though $15 is more common, in big cities for IMAX and some 3D shows.INSANE !!

I know that Chinese prices are absurdly high. I only wanted to explain the probable Spanish reasons for box office drop. Maybe people here prefer to spend money on other leisure instead movies. Or maybe Chinese people are crazy about movies. I have never been in China and I don't know what are their main likes or dislikes. Each country is different to the others and has its own costumes

I know that Chinese prices are absurdly high. I only wanted to explain the probable Spanish reasons for box office drop. Maybe people here prefer to spend money on other leisure instead movies. Or maybe Chinese people are crazy about movies. I have never been in China and I don't know what are their main likes or dislikes. Each country is different to the others and has its own costumes

How much is a ticket for el clasico?

How much is a ticket for el clasico?

I don't know exactly how much did a ticket cost last Saturday. It's difficult to get a ticket because Barcelona has more subscribers than stadium's seats. It's possible it had been people had paid 500 euros or more. But it's easy that in any Sunday Liga match to see Madrid or Barcelona the ticket is about 100 euros or more (about 130 dollars or more). And I've seen that the Copa del Rey final match (May 25th) between Athletic Bilbao and Barcelona can cost between 60 and 250 euros. But there are too much demand. I've seen pages with prices since 450 euros.

The situation in Spain is terrible. Unemployment is in 23% (and nearly 50% in youth people which are the main market for blockbusters). It's been said that we could reach nearly 6 million people without job this year. Today, it's been said Spain is officially in recession again. I think it's logical that people do not go to the movies as often. The average salary is about 1,000 euros per month (is even lower in many cases). That's about 1,330 dollars. The ticket costs 6,5 euros on average (8,6 dollars). We have to choose where to spend money

Here, in Romania the average salary is ~350 euros and the average ticket price is 3.9 euros...

The average salary here is 600€ and the tickets cost 6.5€ for adults and 5.5€ for students. Add 2€ to those numbers and you have a 3D tickets... You guys now understand why most movies bomb here...