grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

Nina Simone was a historical figure that dark skin girls should idolize.

The Major had a Japanese mind but she picks out cyborg bodies. She could be an Autobot if she wanted to. Are Autobots white or Asian in most cases?

People should be worried about the cast that is supposed to play NON-CYBORGS.

It's like the whole world has gone blind.

When something is not Star Wars or a story that everyone all around the world knows, internet backlash is huge deal.

Deadpool was so big because of all the internet support, people who didn't know what this is, just read how great and fun it was and went to see it.

You see movies like Creed or Straight Outta Compton with all this huge critical and commercial success in USA didn't do half the money they did there in the rest of the world, and at the same time you see all these movies that whitewash to fail as well.... it's really confusing.

16 minutes ago, Hermia said:

When something is not Star Wars or a story that everyone all around the world knows, internet backlash is huge deal.

Deadpool was so big because of all the internet support, people who didn't know what this is, just read how great and fun it was and went to see it.

You see movies like Creed or Straight Outta Compton with all this huge critical and commercial success in USA didn't do half the money they did there in the rest of the world, and at the same time you see all these movies that whitewash to fail as well.... it's really confusing.

Deadpool had positive buzz everywhere.

But there are plenty of divisive movies that overperform at the box office.

The general public has the final word at the box office, not angry fanboys.

Creed and Straight Outta Compton flopped overseas because they are generally not interested in African American comedy or drama.

Action movies and Denzel can sometimes pull overseas' audiences.

Edited by grey ghost
  • ...wtf 1

21 hours ago, grim22 said:

Max Landis will single handedly bring the downfall of civilization (or at least movie criticism)

"Read my spec script it shows you how to do it right"

On 4/16/2016 at 5:15 AM, Jack Nevada said:

The problem isn't just to do with the whitewashing

I haven't seen the original anime but this is an important point

Yeah, that's another thing. Without the proper cultural context, GitS gets robbed of a whole load of its heft. People arguing "But this wouldn't have gotten made in Hollywood without ScarJo" need to get that "This needn't have been made in Hollywood" in the first place. With the whitewashed cast, this will just be an empty husk of the original movie. Similar to ATLA. 

Critics will be like

original.gif

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Yeah, that's another thing. Without the proper cultural context, GitS gets robbed of a whole load of its heft. People arguing "But this wouldn't have gotten made in Hollywood without ScarJo" need to get that "This needn't have been made in Hollywood" in the first place. With the whitewashed cast, this will just be an empty husk of the original movie. Similar to ATLA. 

Critics will be like

This movie is pointless.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I wonder how you would feel if this pulled Lucy kind of money...

Well, I understand your feelings, but this is getting made, nothing to be done about it now. Flop or not it will hit the theaters but perhaps you shouldn't watch it if your concerns are genuine, totally understandable.

Edited by Arlborn
grammar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

I wonder how you would feel it this pulled Lucy kind of money...

That entirely depends on what the budget is. If it's cheap Lucy numbers would be great, if it's expensive Lucy numbers wouldn't be.

I'm interested.  Rupert knows visuals...dunno about telling a good story.  I'm not quite going with the dated argument Tele...Ill go with the potentially not mainstream though.  Dated means little to me...it's a movie that's drawing off a 1995 movie...quite frankly...I hope it's "dated" if thats the thing.  I just hope it's good.

If it sucks though...

2 minutes ago, kowhite said:

I'm interested.  Rupert knows visuals...dunno about telling a good story.  I'm not quite going with the dated argument Tele...Ill go with the potentially not mainstream though.  Dated means little to me...it's a movie that's drawing off a 1995 movie...quite frankly...I hope it's "dated" if thats the thing.  I just hope it's good.

If it sucks though...

I meant "dated" like, say, JOHNNY MNEMONIC. :ph34r: