luna

BO.com 100 Greatest Directors PRESENTATION

It's gonna be hillarious if Nolan doesn't make the top 100.

At this rate, it's probably the only way to save the list for me. 

Sure I wouldn't be happy that he didn't make it, since he is a good director, but I'd be happier than him beating much more deserving directors like Miyazaki and Leone.

Nolan>Leone. The only thing Leone done that I love was TGTBATU.

The only Nolan films I love are TDK and BB. I haven't yet seen a Leone film I don't love (although I haven't seen his pre-dollars stuff or OUATIA).

Also The Dollars Trilogy > Dark Knight Trilogy

The only Nolan films I love are TDK and BB. I haven't yet seen a Leone film I don't love (although I haven't seen his pre-dollars stuff or OUATIA).

Also The Dollars Trilogy > Dark Knight Trilogy

I'm not a huge fan of the first two movies in the Dollars trilogy, but The Good, the Bad and the Ugly >>>>>>>>>>>> TDK, for sure.

Edited by The Stingray

john ford is a pristine example of why the golden age of hollywood under the studio system is enormously overrated: he produced generic mass entertainment to make big bucks. that's fine for entertainment, but i see no reason to promote him over the biggest entertainment producers today.

In other words, he made great films that people enjoyed. That's the job of a director. John Ford was one of the best because of it.