luna

BO.com 100 Greatest Directors PRESENTATION

Based on what it's looking like, some of the higher-profile snubs IMO:Luis Buñuel, Henri-Georges Clouzot, Vittorio De Sica, Carl Theodor Dreyer, Wong Kar Wai, Buster Keaton, Kenji Mizoguchi, Yasujiro Ozu, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger, Satyajit Ray, Jean Renoir, Preston Sturges, Isao Takahata and Luchino Visconti (just missed).

Most surprised by Kar Wai and De Sica not making it among that list.

• Like 2

Based on what it's looking like, some of the higher-profile snubs IMO:Luis Buñuel, Henri-Georges Clouzot, Vittorio De Sica, Carl Theodor Dreyer, Wong Kar Wai, Buster Keaton, Kenji Mizoguchi, Yasujiro Ozu, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger, Satyajit Ray, Jean Renoir, Preston Sturges, Isao Takahata and Luchino Visconti (just missed).

You say that but I think it's obvious that Pier Paolo Pasolini is going to make the Top 5. After all, he's very well known and beloved on these forums.

• Like 1

Most of those names are unknown to 90% of the posters here. :(

Edited by Telemachos

lol. Nice try. Half those names are made-up.

• Like 7

There are lots of snubs. Once I see the final list, I may make a post about the snubs. I am debating it.

Other than Buster Keaton, I don't think anyone else on Jar Jar's list is a big snub. Guys like John Lasseter, Otto Preminger, Mike Nichols, Robert Wise, M. Night Shyamalan, George Stevens....those are some big snubs.

M. Night, as one of the 100 greatest ever?  :blink:

The Sixth Sense, The Village, Signs....his body of work easily puts him in the top 100. He's one of those directors that has a distinct style and an excellent body of work.

Edit: And of course Unbreakable. I don't want to forget that movie because it was very well done.

Edited by Walt Disney