Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: The Lego Movie - 31.5M | 3 Days to Kill - 12.3M | Pompeii - 10M

Paul W.S. Anderson, the man with the talent of making bad films that aren't even fun.

And yet somehow he made The Three Musketeers. Though in that case it's mostly Orlando Bloom realizing that he's in an absolutely terrible movie and having fun with it.

And yet somehow he made The Three Musketeers. Though in that case it's mostly Orlando Bloom realizing that he's in an absolutely terrible movie and having fun with it.

Or maybe that's when he finally realized he was a terrible actor and had fun with that. ;):P

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Lol, yeah she doesn't know what she's talking about with the LEGO numbers. Too bad, got excited for a moment.

I seriously think she was told 7m for Lego on Fri, and she accidently added Thursday's 2.7m to it to post an "exact" figure of 9.7m.

Forgot to take her meds with the wine.

• Like 1

So according to DL, 2014 will give birth to the 8th movie to open to less than 10m. Let us name it Pompeii.

It shall make us proud one day...

Posted Image

If Hollywood is so desperate to keep throwing away hundreds of millions on all these worthless movies they should just given that money to me instead. I'll burn it for them. :D

I find Event Horizon to not be a good movie yet somehow it always sucks me in. And I know I saw Mortal Kombat but don't remember much. And I haven't seen any Resident Evil movies and that's alright alright alright

I find Event Horizon to not be a good movie yet somehow it always sucks me in. And I know I saw Mortal Kombat but don't remember much. And I haven't seen any Resident Evil movies and that's alright alright alright

Yup...I didn't like it the first time I saw it. I sorta liked it the second time I saw it. I liked it more the third time I saw it.I bought the DVD. I bought the bluray (never mind the weird aspect ratio squishing). It's not great...but it's his best movie, and goddammit, I like it now.
  • Like 1

I was amazed find out the W.S. directed Event Horizon-it's not really a movie I'd peg as his style.  But holy shit, saw that movie for the first time when I was 11/12 isn and had a very active mind…lets just say I had nightmares for many nights-movie scared me to death.  I actually like a few of his movies - maybe a bit of a guilty pleasure - soldier, a few of the RE movies (1, 3), heck even mortal Kombat and AvP I had a "this movie is not that good but i'm pretty entertained and having fun" type of vibe.   Recently though, it's been not even fun- just bad.

I was amazed find out the W.S. directed Event Horizon-it's not really a movie I'd peg as his style.  But holy shit, saw that movie for the first time when I was 11/12 isn and had a very active mind…lets just say I had nightmares for many nights-movie scared me to death.  I actually like a few of his movies - maybe a bit of a guilty pleasure - soldier, a few of the RE movies (1, 3), heck even mortal Kombat and AvP I had a "this movie is not that good but i'm pretty entertained and having fun" type of vibe.   Recently though, it's been not even fun- just bad.

In all fairness...he didn't direct RE3. Russell Mulcahy (the director of such classics as Highlander, and such not classics as Highlander 2 and The Shadow) did that movie.