Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: The Lego Movie - 31.5M | 3 Days to Kill - 12.3M | Pompeii - 10M

I find it funny that the movie didn't use that song. Instead "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" is using that song for promotion. Missed opportunity.

The least Pompeii could have done was put some Timber in the commercials.

I find it funny that the movie didn't use that song. Instead "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" is using that song for promotion. Missed opportunity.

It wouldn't fit the theme of the movie though.  Not like marketing for Pompeii was decent anyway, but a historical period adventure + a modern pop song would've been a weird juxtaposition.

• Like 1

It wouldn't fit the theme of the movie though.  Not like marketing for Pompeii was decent anyway, but a historical period adventure + a modern pop song would've been a weird juxtaposition.

Considering the amount of effort they put into an accurate historical portrayal, the song would have fit in perfectly.

• Like 3

Who has seen this? Even if it's crap as long as it's fun it's okay.

I have. It is fun once the volcano explodes, it is a drag till that point. The "Bay of Naples Tsunami" looks awesome on the big screen, and some of the destruction is shown very well. The love story sucks, and Kiefer Sutherland is basically phoning it in completely, he looks disinterested throughout.

Posted Image

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3