Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: The Lego Movie - 31.5M | 3 Days to Kill - 12.3M | Pompeii - 10M

PWSA is a guy who manages to get the bare minimum of coolness out of each project, but nothing more.

ha, I guess you could put it like that-tho for me I'd say a step above that with some of his earlier movies.  I mean just cheezeball, kinda cool fun, but fun none the less.  

In all fairness...he didn't direct RE3. Russell Mulcahy (the director of such classics as Highlander, and such not classics as Highlander 2 and The Shadow) did that movie.

yeah, I just noticed that-thought he did them all, my bad

If Hollywood is so desperate to keep throwing away hundreds of millions on all these worthless movies they should just given that money to me instead. I'll burn it for them. :D

Pompeii wouldn't have happened if people weren't dumb enough to pay good money for that Clash of the Titans turd.

I find Event Horizon to not be a good movie yet somehow it always sucks me in. And I know I saw Mortal Kombat but don't remember much. And I haven't seen any Resident Evil movies and that's alright alright alright

Mortal Kombat is campy fun but it needed more Talisa Soto, Bridgette Wilson, and Fatalities.   And it pales in campiness compared to 

Posted Image

PWSA is a guy who manages to get the bare minimum of coolness out of each project, but nothing more.

Are you high or something? There is absolutely nothing "cool" whatsoever in his shitty ass movies. Except for Event Horizon, which had a few cool moments, but not many.

PWSA makes Bay look God-tier.

Edited by The Stingray

Mortal Kombat is campy fun but it needed more Talisa Soto, Bridgette Wilson, and Fatalities.   And it pales in campiness compared to 

Posted Image

Also pretty terrible, but it does have one moment of awesomeness:

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

(Also, I had somehow completely forgotten that Van Damme was in Street Fighter.)

• Like 2

Are you high or something? There is absolutely nothing cool whatsoever in his shitty ass movies. Except for Event Horizon, which had a few cool moments, but not many. PWSA makes Bay look God-tier.

You watched his movies sober. And with...standards.That was your mistake.Next time, watch his movies, but now, pretend like you're wasted and just had a lobotomy...they're quite amusing with the right mindset.
  • Like 1

Hopefully this will kill PWSA's career.

Look at Renny Harlin's track record. Now look at PWSA's. Consider that the second is vastly more successful than the first and yet Harlin can still get $80m budgets to play with.

PWSA is going to be making movies for decades to come.

I also love JCVD's inspirational speech to the troops:

I'm not going home. I'm gonna get on my boat, and I'm going up river, and I'm going to kick that son of a bitch Bison's ass so hard that the next Bison wannabe is gonna feel it! Now, who wants to go home... and who wants to go with me?

Look at Renny Harlin's track record. Now look at PWSA's. Consider that the second is vastly more successful than the first and yet Harlin can still get $80m budgets to play with.PWSA is going to be making movies for decades to come.

"Deepest, bluest, my hat is like a shark's fin"Hey now, Harlin committed this masterpiece to film. Never mind the awesome sauce called Cliffhanger.Ok, yeah, you have a point. I really do dig those movies though. Edited by kowhite