CJohn

Minecraft | April 4, 2025 | Warner Bros.

Video Game Movies unless you’re like obviously DOA are the new live action remakes or CBMs of the 2010s where name is enough to carry you to large grosses.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Selma said:

If it was animated CGI movie i think it would have been a billion hit like Mario but idk now maybe 600m if it pleases fans 

I think Audience reception would be more important for 1B than being animated or live action.

People on Twitter are comparing this to Borderlands and ugly Sonic which is not a good sign 😬

Still going to do probably 500-600M WW since Minecraft is a big IP

Edited by Grebacio

5 minutes ago, YM! said:

Video Game Movies unless you’re like obviously DOA are the new live action remakes or CBMs of the 2010s where name is enough to carry you to large grosses.

Wonder how a Marvel vs Capcom movie set in multiverse would do especially if they bring the x-men and og Avengers actors 😭 😂 

3 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

This really feels like it can go either way after that trailer. It could either be a huge hit or an enormous bomb.

Kids will most likely still gonna want to watch it so I don't think it will bomb

1 hour ago, Eric Deetz said:

This looks positively dreadful. This will also make a zillion dollars.

Okay I might be wrong, because the gamer dudes that sometimes pop up on my Twitter feed, the people who always go nuts for these video game movies, aren’t buying what they are selling. 🤔