JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

So did Minions and IO both open this weekend? What genius pitched that idea?
Studios in Australia don't seem to have an issue opening films which canabolise each other. It's a bigger issue this weekend due to JW. to me the big loser is IO but we'll see what holds up in the long run.

I wouldn't be surprised if IO stayed almost flat over the next 2 weekends.

The top 3 last weekend was $18.3m.  It's looking like $19m+ this weekend.

Edited by DeeCee

Ted is also opening this Thurs and T5 next week.

Going to be a mad house at the cinemas in the next 2 weeks.

And then Magic Mike, which I predict will explode here!

We're expecting our biggest ever day on the first Tuesday of the school holidays. Though we always perform better during school holidays than the rest of the nation.

And then Magic Mike, which I predict will explode here!

We're expecting our biggest ever day on the first Tuesday of the school holidays. Though we always perform better during school holidays than the rest of the nation.

Yep there's a movie for every demo. I bet all theatre chains are going to love it! :lol:  :lol:

So does that mean JW is going to lose a lot of screens even though it's been doing very very well? :huh:

Thats like a 100 mill weekend in the US for JW so its mirroring its performance. Well done Australia

the scary part is we are heading into a winter holidays here about a weeks time... typically most movies either are flat or increase slightly weekend to weekend over the next 3 weekends.  Not saying that JW will stay flat for 3 weeks @ 10m but no reason to believe it won't make 7m - 9m next weekend.. even with the competition.  60m is a real shot (and it's gonna fuck up the 1 question i shoudl be getting right in BSG - will any film make more than 51.5m in Australia..... or least it's going to give it a red hot go)

• Like 1

the scary part is we are heading into a winter holidays here about a weeks time... typically most movies either are flat or increase slightly weekend to weekend over the next 3 weekends.  Not saying that JW will stay flat for 3 weeks @ 10m but no reason to believe it won't make 7m - 9m next weekend.. even with the competition.  60m is a real shot (and it's gonna fuck up the 1 question i shoudl be getting right in BSG - will any film make more than 51.5m in Australia..... or least it's going to give it a red hot go)

Holidays haven't started yet? Why the fudge is this holding so well and two kids movies opening so well?!

Holidays haven't started yet? Why the fudge is this holding so well and two kids movies opening so well?!

School Holidays around the country:

NSW - 27th June to 12th July

Vic - 27th June to 12th July

Queensland - 27th to 12th July

South Australia - 4th to 19th July

ACT - 4th to 19th July

Tasmania - 4th to 19th July

West Australia - 4th to 19th July

Northern Territory - 20th June to 19th July

As you can see not much till next sat on holidays... so this makes this weekend all the more impressive.

• Like 1

School Holidays around the country:

NSW - 27th June to 12th July

Vic - 27th June to 12th July

Queensland - 27th to 12th July

South Australia - 4th to 19th July

ACT - 4th to 19th July

Tasmania - 4th to 19th July

West Australia - 4th to 19th July

Northern Territory - 20th June to 19th July

As you can see not much till next sat on holidays... so this makes this weekend all the more impressive.

Damn. There's nearly a full week of play before films show their true colours. I think 60m is a foregone conclusion for Jurassic. Minions I think may go for a run at 35m.

• Like 1