JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Tues 31 Vow 850(2nd Biggest day), #2 TMW 690k, #3 SHWed same rank but not much bet the three films, TMW 2 days will rank it #6 for week

Wow! Impressive for The Vow, more than I thought it'd get with the competition. But even then, TMW got more than I thought.

So, all the rave right now seems to be The Hunger Games release. And with Event releasing tickets 2 days ago (I think), just going to run through MIDNIGHT sales with 4 WEEKS TO GO!Bondi Junction: 1 VMAX - 1/3 fullCairns City: 1 VMAX - 1/4 fullCastle Hill: 1 VMAX - 1/3 full 1 Gold Class - 1/2 fullChermside: 1 VMAX - 1/3 fullMt Gravatt: 1 Gold Class - 2/3 fullIndooroopilly: 1 Gold Class - 2/3 fullMacquarie: 1 Gold Class - 2/3 fullMaroochydoore: 1 Regular - 1/2 fullParramatta: 1 Gold Class - 2/3 fullRobina: 1 VMAX - 1/2 fullSo these sales are after just TWO DAYS of being released with 4 WEEKS TO GO! - And these are just midnight sales!I'm sorry but this looks extremely promising for The Hunger Games!!

I've already done Event cinemas, now Im just running through Hoyts (they dont show seating plan on mobile platform, so had to wait til I was on a real computer):

Again, these are strictly midnights:

Belconnen: 1 XtremeScreen - 1/3 full

Garden City: 1 XtremeScreen - 1/3 full

So, ahh, that was underwhelming, but I will add that half of the locations didnt allow me to choose a seat for whatever reason, so Im unable to see how many tickets have been sold - but if the 20 or so that did allow me to choose are any indication, Hoyts wont be contributing very much to it.

So, all the rave right now seems to be The Hunger Games release. And with Event releasing tickets 2 days ago (I think), just going to run through MIDNIGHT sales with 4 WEEKS TO GO!Bondi Junction: 1 VMAX - 1/3 fullCairns City: 1 VMAX - 1/4 fullCastle Hill: 1 VMAX - 1/3 full 1 Gold Class - 1/2 fullChermside: 1 VMAX - 1/3 fullMt Gravatt: 1 Gold Class - 2/3 fullIndooroopilly: 1 Gold Class - 2/3 fullMacquarie: 1 Gold Class - 2/3 fullMaroochydoore: 1 Regular - 1/2 fullParramatta: 1 Gold Class - 2/3 fullRobina: 1 VMAX - 1/2 fullSo these sales are after just TWO DAYS of being released with 4 WEEKS TO GO! - And these are just midnight sales!I'm sorry but this looks extremely promising for The Hunger Games!!

And Ill do a recap of this next weekend, just to see if the upfront demand has worn off, or whether or not the general public are catching on to something.

I'll have a look on monday for the Village/Hoyts ones in Victoria :)Also today was really really dead at the box office, the heat probably didn't help.Gone bombed hard. Killer Elite didn't do great. And Contraband has a decent turn-up, though The Vow was still beating it.

We seem to be copying the US - The Vow and Safe House are simply dominating everywhere, even my work as well.

Since my neck is in absolute agony, and I can't even get out of bed, that update I said Id do next weekend, you all get now :)Bondi Junction: 1 VMAX - 1/3 full + 1 Gold Class - 3/4 fullCairns City: 1 VMAX - 1/4 fullCastle Hill: 1 VMAX - 1/3 full + 1 Gold Class - 1/2 fullChermside: 1 VMAX - 1/2 full + 1 Gold Class - 1/2 fullGeorge St: 1 VMAX - 1/3 fullGlendale: 1 Regular - 2/3 full Mt Gravatt: 1 Gold Class - 2/3 fullIndooroopilly: 1 Gold Class - 2/3 full + 1 VMAX - 1/3 fullInnaloo: 1 VMAX - 1/3 full + 1 Gold Class - 2/3 fullMacquarie: 1 Gold Class - 2/3 fullMaroochydoore: 1 Regular - 1/2 fullParramatta: 1 Gold Class - 2/3 fullRobina: 1 VMAX - 2/3 fullSo after only two days of posting this, I've added several more sessions to the list. Should get massive in the two weeks before the release!!

About $25m

I guess it will be huge there. They sold twice the books in Australia -- 20 mio population -- than they sold in France -- population 65 mio.The Aussies seem to love those post-apocalyptic plots. See Mad Max.Well, and I hope your neck gets better soon.

Just noticed that Tomorrow, When the War Began is now available for download from the US iTunes Store. It's currently #46 on the movie chart. DVD release this week as well.I'd read the first few books years ago and enjoyed the movie but upon reflection wished they'd done more with it. Especially some of the acting and at times it felt a bit rushed.I should add it has an R rating. It was only rated M in Australia meaning anyone could watch it.

Edited by DeeCee