JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

if it's heading for 9 to 10m.. should be easily above 30m in 2 weeks.  (possibly 32m) Even with AOU coming in a few weeks, i suspect that 50m is possible.

45m looks to be bottom end if that 2nd weekend holds up.

• Like 1

ok. Just for kicks let's compare to the last entries in the franchise.

Ff6 made 11.1m (11.4m include sneaks) on its OW.

FF5 made 7.4m (9.6m including Wednesday)

Ff5 made it to 25m and 6 got past 26m

Ff7 looks to be making 9m+ in its 2nd weekend. Very comparable to the OW of its predecessors. So in theory could make 25m+ including this weekend going forward. So add that to the already made 22m. Umm. That's 47m total.

Gotta think 50m is possible based on this. And if memory serves me right neither of 5 or 6 were thought to have strong legs.

Gotta say we have dark horse for the #1 film of 2015 here ;)

• Like 4

ok. Just for kicks let's compare to the last entries in the franchise.

Ff6 made 11.1m (11.4m include sneaks) on its OW.

FF5 made 7.4m (9.6m including Wednesday)

Ff5 made it to 25m and 6 got past 26m

Ff7 looks to be making 9m+ in its 2nd weekend. Very comparable to the OW of its predecessors. So in theory could make 25m+ including this weekend going forward. So add that to the already made 22m. Umm. That's 47m total.

Gotta think 50m is possible based on this. And if memory serves me right neither of 5 or 6 were thought to have strong legs.

Gotta say we have dark horse for the #1 film of 2015 here ;)

Provided they're not terrible films, I fully expect AoU and SW7 to get to 55-60m+

Fast 7 did great!!!!

About AOU will it decrease from the first one here??

Good question, i don't know.

We are talking about the film that is the 3rd biggest all time here... 

I think the opening is going to massive here.

The last film managed 13m but that was after a 6m wednesday.  This time around it's opening on a normal thursday prior to the ANZAC Day long weekend.

OD of 6m+ i think should happen given the goodwill from the first film.  An opening between 14m and 16m seems a given, but i'm not seeing it reach the all opener in HP7.2 which made over 18m after a 7m wednesday.  It's not impossible for this to reach higher, but i'm not sure it's so assured.  Still an opening this big and a lack of competition following should see some strong holds to well above 40m.  50m will be the question but if the film is any good then i could easily see this film be pushing towards 60m.  

it all depends on the legs here... And I think there is enough time between FF7 and AOU for both to do well here.

Would be amazing to see 2 x 50m films opening within 1 month of each other.

Jajang, there's no long weekend. Only Western Australia and a portion of ACT workers have a public holiday on the Monday.

Thursday and Friday are just regular school and work days nationwide.

Edited by DeeCee