Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' BREAKS opening-weekend record for Hollywood films

4 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I'm kinda confused here, why do you have it bumping up on thur exactly? There's no reason for it to unless I'm missing something. Weekend feels a bit too optimistic to me as well given historical precedent.

If it goes for your numbers sure, could go 45-50+ at that point instead of 40-45

About the weekend:  Last weekend (Friday to Sunday) was 3,67M€. And that with bad Sturday due the NYE (600k its amazing in my opinion but full Saturday this weekend will be huge after 2 muted Saturdays).

I think 3,3M€ it's posible (-10%) but maybe i'm optimistic. 

About the Thursday bump: This friday its National Holiday in Italy right? I think Thursday will be better due better night seasons (not working day on Friday) but maybe im wrong.

2 minutes ago, jma22 said:

About the weekend:  Last weekend (Friday to Sunday) was 3,67M€. And that with bad Sturday due the NYE (600k its amazing in my opinion but full Saturday this weekend will be huge after 2 muted Saturdays).

I think 3,3M€ it's posible (-10%) but maybe i'm optimistic. 

About the Thursday bump: This friday its National Holiday in Italy right? I think Thursday will be better due better night seasons (not working day on Friday) but maybe im wrong.

Friday is a national holiday yea but a lot of people are already at home anyways+schools are out so I doubt it's bumping up, stuff didn't bump up in 2016 but with how leggy A2 is being maybe it can pull it off I guess, I'd be content with just holding or slight drop myself

-10% with how much demand the weekdays are taking on this week would be crazy IMO, I doubt it honestly but let's see

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

Really? 

Yeah that's what happens when we take for official the numbers published at 5 in the morning, even if to be honest they still haven't changed the numbers 7 hours later... (apart from Megan which for Cineguru has gone from 130k to 180k) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Yeah that's what happens when we take for official the numbers published at 5 in the morning, even if to be honest they still haven't changed the numbers 7 hours later... (apart from Megan which for Cineguru has gone from 130k to 180k) 

Can we expect Thu around 850? 

2 hours ago, MG10 said:

Cinetel just updated to

873k A2

159k m3gan

76k puss

Not sure how reliable guru is, could be that it's still missing numbers.

EDIT: jk, just checked the article and the M3GAN 180k appears to have been for wednesday, not thur, so I am guessing this one is final.

So if thursday is this good, I'm guessing 3M weekend should happen.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Cinetel just updated to

873k A2

159k m3gan

76k puss

Not sure how reliable guru is, could be that it's still missing numbers.

EDIT: jk, just checked the article and the M3GAN 180k appears to have been for wednesday, not thur, so I am guessing this one is final.

So if thursday is this good, I'm guessing 3M weekend should happen.

So Thu is almost flat from Wed, good sign for the legs? 

44 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

So Thu is almost flat from Wed, good sign for the legs? 

If it's near 36.5 or above it by sun, I think it's probably going to cross 45M euro. 50M as the very high end. This week has had plenty of openers but it doesn't seem like much of anything is derailing this train here.

Edited by JustLurking

2 hours ago, upriser7 said:

wow 1.5M...Is this Friday some holiday in Italy ? Or is this just typical Friday jump ?

It's a holiday, but these jumps are all quite good for how strong they held on thursday already.

A2 can probably go ard 4M off that (should drop on both satsun compared to fri, but not too much) - meaning a pretty substantial jump from last weekend. 37.5+ after sun.

45M will happen, 50 is possible with this much steam.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

FRI - €1,483,338 / €33,335,317

The total is now 34.8M after adding friday

7 hours ago, upriser7 said:

wow 1.5M...Is this Friday some holiday in Italy ? Or is this just typical Friday jump ?

Yeah it was Epiphany or even better "Befana Day", so no work and obviusly no school and another excuse to give kids some more treats and chocolates as if December 13th and Christmas weren't already enough 😅 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2023 at 4:42 AM, jma22 said:

I think it will be 37 after the Sunday. 31,55 until Tuesday + 1,05 Wed + 1,1 Thurs + 3,3 (Weekend) = 37M€-37,5M after Sunday.

50M€ it's the goal

@JustLurking So i was right, 37,5 on Sunday seems doable after this AMAZING friday holiday!!! Avatar 2 it's a monster legs, you can't compare this with historical precedent.

Guys belive me €50M it's the goal.

After 1,5 Friday, if Sat and Sun dont drop we coud see 38M after Sunday (optimistic way, yeah)